Adding Sugar to the Fermenter

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Dr Jacoby

Adding Sugar to the Fermenter

Post by Dr Jacoby »

In the course of building the schedule for my first recipe on Beertools, I wanted to add some brown sugar to the secondary fermenter. But the only options I was given under the "stage" tab was to add the sugar during the boil or as a late boil addition. Why were the other stages (e.g. primary, secondary) not available? Is there a way to make them available for such additions?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Adding Sugar to the Fermenter

Post by jeff »

Dr Jacoby wrote:In the course of building the schedule for my first recipe on Beertools, I wanted to add some brown sugar to the secondary fermenter. But the only options I was given under the "stage" tab was to add the sugar during the boil or as a late boil addition. Why were the other stages (e.g. primary, secondary) not available? Is there a way to make them available for such additions?
Not currently. Is the addition of sugar to the fermenter a last minute adjustment or a critical part of the recipe?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Dr Jacoby

Post by Dr Jacoby »

It's not an adjustment but it's also not absolutely critical. I would like to be able to factor in sugar additions to the fermenter for future brews, however. Many recipes (especially strong belgian ales and adventurous American ales) call for such additions. It seems like a fairly significant blind spot in the software not be be able to handle these additions.