Hello everyone

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

B33Ris1337

Hello everyone

Post by B33Ris1337 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and new to brewing my own beer. I haven't yet started but its something i thought about doing for along time now. I'm actually getting ready to start buying the equipment i need to begin my brewing very soon, i'm aiming for the end of the month. I just wanted to say hello and i hope that i can learn a lot from others and maybe share my ideas with everyone else. Greetings and happy brewing.
slothrob

Welcome

Post by slothrob »

Welcome to the board and to brewing!

What types of beer do you hope to make?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
B33Ris1337

Post by B33Ris1337 »

I'm a big fan of wheat ales. Other styles i like are Oktoberfest, Chocolate stouts, stouts, Amber Ales, Trappist, Brown Ales and i'm sure i could think of some others. I haven't decided what beer i want to try making first. I do plan to try and make many different types. I'll just have to see how it all goes.
slothrob

first beer

Post by slothrob »

Weizens, Brown Ales and Ambers are great beers to start with. Stouts can be, too

Oktoberfests, being Lagers, require some more advanced techniques and equipment. Trappist and Chocolate beers, too, but less so.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
B33Ris1337

Post by B33Ris1337 »

Thanks for the advice. I think its going to be a toss up between the Amber Ale and the Brown Ale.
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I know I might get in trouble but I read both forums and feel brewing is a "sport" that needs lots of people talking and helping.

This forum has lots of good people but you can also check out

Also - start easy with an Amber or a brown if you like those styles - stay away from hoppy brews as they can be tricky and need water adjustments depending on your process. The darker grains will lower PH automagically for you.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

For more info if you don't find it here.
animal69

Post by animal69 »

welcome to the wonderful world of brewing, here's another very helpful link that i suggest reading at least twice before your first brew : http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html
Animal