Problems getting ingredients to show in the contents list...

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Problems getting ingredients to show in the contents list...

Post by jeff »

A couple users have mentioned that they are having trouble seeing ingredients and other data stored in the database. Clicking on the folders in the left column does not display the data. If you are experiencing this problem or have found a solution to it, please post your comments under this topic. Please use as much detail as possible, including system specifications.

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by jeff on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
dmaxweb

Post by dmaxweb »

I have the same problem, Nothing happens when I click on any of the ingredient DB. When I open an info window, it shows that there are records there. Not sure what is happening.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/ ... lsPage.jpg
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

dmaxweb wrote:I have the same problem, Nothing happens when I click on any of the ingredient DB. When I open an info window, it shows that there are records there. Not sure what is happening.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/ ... lsPage.jpg
Your screenshot doesn't show the contents list. Try expanding the window to reveal the contents list and then see if the ingredients appear. You may also need to use the resizing tread mark that appears directly below the toolbar in your screenshot to open up the contents list.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
dmaxweb

Expanded Window

Post by dmaxweb »

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is nothing else in the info window.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/ ... sPage2.jpg
Jamestowne Ale
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Expanded Window

Post by jeff »

dmaxweb wrote:I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there is nothing else in the info window.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/ ... sPage2.jpg
Not the info window. The main window. It is missing the contents list because the window is too small.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

How the window should look

Post by jeff »

This shows the contents list right above the beer glass:

Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
dmaxweb

Post by dmaxweb »

OK. I am able to get this view only if I change the Windows Screen Resolution from 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768 and stretch the BT window when I open it. If I just maximize the window, it is too big for the screen.

The font size is small and I run all of my other applications in 800 x 600 which means I need to change the screen resolution each time I use BT. Is there any work around for that?

Thanks
Jamestowne Ale
dmaxweb

Post by dmaxweb »

I just downloaded to my laptop and it is totally fine there. My dsktop monitor is pretty old so I am guessing that might be the issue. I have been waiting for a reason to buy a new flat screen monitor anyway.
Thanks
Jamestowne Ale
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

dmaxweb wrote:The font size is small and I run all of my other applications in 800 x 600 which means I need to change the screen resolution each time I use BT. Is there any work around for that?
Unfortunately there is no workaround. The minimum screen resolution for BeerTools Pro 1.5 is 1024 x 768. When designing the interface we conducted a survey of typical screen resolutions in use and found that most people use 1024 x 768 or higher. You can view the results here: http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3459
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
kaplanfx

Post by kaplanfx »

jeff wrote:
dmaxweb wrote:The font size is small and I run all of my other applications in 800 x 600 which means I need to change the screen resolution each time I use BT. Is there any work around for that?
Unfortunately there is no workaround. The minimum screen resolution for BeerTools Pro 1.5 is 1024 x 768. When designing the interface we conducted a survey of typical screen resolutions in use and found that most people use 1024 x 768 or higher. You can view the results here: http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3459
This is going to make it difficult for users of netbooks. These are a new class of small cheap laptops that are very popular (Eee PC, Acer Aspire One, Dell 9). Netbooks typically have a resolution of 1024x600. These computers also happen to be great for bringing to your brew area as the are very small and light and have good battery life.
I don't know how many copies of the software you sell, but your sample size for that survey was very small and likely has a large standard deviation (margin of error). The software does seem nicely polished so its a shame some users will not be able to use it.

-kap
olllllo

Post by olllllo »

kaplanfx wrote:
This is going to make it difficult for users of netbooks. These are a new class of small cheap laptops that are very popular (Eee PC, Acer Aspire One, Dell 9). Netbooks typically have a resolution of 1024x600. These computers also happen to be great for bringing to your brew area as the are very small and light and have good battery life.
I don't know how many copies of the software you sell, but your sample size for that survey was very small and likely has a large standard deviation (margin of error). The software does seem nicely polished so its a shame some users will not be able to use it.

-kap

This is a huuge deal breaker for me. As a 3 year customer and a netbook owner and proponent, I will have to now look elsewhere unless this is solved.
olllllo

Netbook.

Post by olllllo »

ping...

Nothing?
olllllo

Netbook.

Post by olllllo »

ping...

Nothing?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

If it were an easy thing to change I would do it. But the interface would essentially have to be redesigned to accommodate the typical netbook screen resolution. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it won't be something to expect in the next few releases.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

resolution

Post by slothrob »

I read the other day that Sony (I think) was coming out with a netbook with 1024x768 resolution this fall, which would handle BTP. With the nature of the netbook market, I suspect once this starts with one manufacturer, it will spread to the others.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP