Partial-all grain problem

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
shunt

Partial-all grain problem

Post by shunt »

My all grain recipe shows up as partial mash in TYPE in the recipe folder.
I have 7lbs 2 row and some honey malt.

???
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Where is "TYPE' displayed?

Post by billvelek »

Are you referring to the BeerToolsPro software? I assume you are since this forum is for "BeerTools Pro General Topics". I have used this program for a couple of years and don't remember anything like that; can you be more specific? If you're talking about the BeerTools website, I don't use that so I don't know anything about it.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
shunt

Re: Where is "TYPE' displayed?

Post by shunt »

billvelek wrote:Are you referring to the BeerToolsPro software? I assume you are since this forum is for "BeerTools Pro General Topics". I have used this program for a couple of years and don't remember anything like that; can you be more specific? If you're talking about the BeerTools website, I don't use that so I don't know anything about it.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Yes, using the software.
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Where is "TYPE' displayed?

Post by wottaguy »

this is a good one!

As far as I can tell, you may have downloaded the recipe in question from BT.com into your copy of BeerTools Pro

I have a couple of recipies that I have downloaded from the site and they are listed as Partial Mash type recipies with in the software.

Did you indeed create the recipe file from scratch from beertools pro or did you download the recipe into beertools pro from the website?

I'm still working here, but i will investigate your question later tonight to try to find out if this is indeed the case.

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
shunt

Re: RE: Where is "TYPE' displayed?

Post by shunt »

wottaguy wrote:this is a good one!

As far as I can tell, you may have downloaded the recipe in question from BT.com into your copy of BeerTools Pro

I have a couple of recipies that I have downloaded from the site and they are listed as Partial Mash type recipies with in the software.

Did you indeed create the recipe file from scratch from beertools pro or did you download the recipe into beertools pro from the website?

I'm still working here, but i will investigate your question later tonight to try to find out if this is indeed the case.

(_)3
Thanks for your help. I created the recipe from scratch. It's really not a difficult one, only 2 grains. I'm wondering if the software is thinking that honey malt is an extract??
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

In what 'field' is the "type" of brew displayed?

Post by billvelek »

In what 'field' is the "type" of brew displayed? For instance, in the panel right below the panel which lists recipes and inventory, etc., there is a 'field' for the title of the recipe (user created), and a 'field' for the beer "style" selected from a drop-down menu; there is an 'auther' field and a 'date' field. And there are 'fields' for volume, efficiency, attenuation, etc. That's what I'm talking about; where do you see the "type" 'field'? I don't have one.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
slothrob

type

Post by slothrob »

Type appears in the topmost window when Recipe is selected from left Inventory window. It's the 5th column from the left.

I don't know how it's set, though.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
shunt

Re: type

Post by shunt »

slothrob wrote:Type appears in the topmost window when Recipe is selected from left Inventory window. It's the 5th column from the left.

I don't know how it's set, though.
Yes I know but when I enter other recipes with almost the same ingredients it gives me All-Grain as type.
Weird.
Thanks
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Partial-all grain problem

Post by wottaguy »

shunt wrote:My all grain recipe shows up as partial mash in TYPE in the recipe folder.
I have 7lbs 2 row and some honey malt.

???

Well...after making a new recipe and fooling around with different ingredients I see that the application automatically sets the "type" field of the recipe according to what ingredients are used.

I put up a recipe for a apa first using 3.3 lbs LME and 3 lbs of Light DME, some crystal 60 and some white wheat and then saved the recipe. The application auto saved it as a type of Extract.

I then unchecked the LME and DME boxes and saved it again, and it saved it as an All Grain type.

I added the Honey Malt and saved again and the type remained as All Grain.

If I check the Light DME and leave the LME unchecked, and save, the type changes to a Partial Mash type.

Maybe you can discover what may be causing your recipe to display the unwanted type by just checking and unchecking each ingredient in you recipe. Just remember that the "type" field won't be updated until after you perform a save on the recipe.

Hope this helps!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: type

Post by billvelek »

slothrob wrote:Type appears in the topmost window when Recipe is selected from left Inventory window. It's the 5th column from the left.
Oops. In the immortal words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: "Never mind!" I had the ingredients panel displayed when I looked, and wasn't smart enough to think to change it. Duhhhhh. :oops:

Cheers.

Bill Velek