Date Question

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
dfrancis80

Date Question

Post by dfrancis80 »

First off, I'd like to tell you how much I like 1.5, I liked 1.0 but the upgrade is even better.

My question is about the date field. I either don't understand it or I am trying to get it to do something it won't do. I would like to save an original recipe in the recipe folder without a date. That I have been able to do. Then when I brew the beer and make changes due to ingredient availability I would like to turn the date on for the date of brewing and have this saved as a separate recipe. However when I do this it overwrites the original recipe.
so my question is, what is the purpose of the check box by the date field?

Dan
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Date Question

Post by jeff »

dfrancis80 wrote:First off, I'd like to tell you how much I like 1.5, I liked 1.0 but the upgrade is even better.

My question is about the date field. I either don't understand it or I am trying to get it to do something it won't do. I would like to save an original recipe in the recipe folder without a date. That I have been able to do. Then when I brew the beer and make changes due to ingredient availability I would like to turn the date on for the date of brewing and have this saved as a separate recipe. However when I do this it overwrites the original recipe.
so my question is, what is the purpose of the check box by the date field?

Dan
The checkbox lets you turn the date on or off. Unchecking the box is the only way to save the recipe with a blank date. However, changing the date doesn't cause the recipe to be saved as a copy. You need to rename the recipe and do this yourself with the "save as copy" button. Recipes must be saved with unique names but this can be done simply by appending "draft" or "final" or some other suffix to the recipe name.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
dfrancis80

Post by dfrancis80 »

Jeff, Thanks for the quick reply. You may want to consider different dates saving different files in let's say a sessions folder. Just need recipe name
and date brewed. Just a thought. Dan
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Recently my beertools has started to act funny.

dates are now printed
Date: February112009

they used to print
Date: 1/31/09

within beertools the date field looks like this

t t with no date entered

hit the checkbox
2t2009t23

Not sure what changed
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

fixed it. Looks like someone changed the region format in my system preferences.

Back to normal.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)