Adding Grains to Ingredients DB

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

muddypuddle

Adding Grains to Ingredients DB

Post by muddypuddle »

Does anyone have the particulars in order to add the simpon's malts from Northern Brewer to the Beer Tools Pro ingredients DB?

In fact, what do all the particulars mean? I would like to build my own ingredients, but do not know where to find the info to complete all the fields in the editor. Is there a glossary to what those all stand for?

Thanks
slothrob

database

Post by slothrob »

Here in the wiki you'll find an explanation of what the abbreviations mean.

You can only edit or add ingredients to the My Ingredient database. The easiest way to add a grain is to add a similar grain to My Ingredients, then edit that entry to the parameters of your particular grain.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

Why the hell is it in the wiki and not in the Software's help section? A GLOSSARY OF TERMS is absolutely essential to those who aren't maltsters or seasoned malt handlers. It doesnt have to be dicitonary.. just explanations of abbreviations, contractions, etc. e.g. DBFG (Dry Basis Fine Grind; this is a value which represents the maximum amount of yield which can be extracted, under laboratory conditions, from the grain; measured as a percentage of the weight of the grain; below 78% DBFG extract is considered substandard)
All it requires is a copy and paste of the wiki information. Its no good if you're out in the brew shed and can't remember what something is and don't have an internet connection... plus it has to be one of the simplest things to implement.

Fix fix fix. :)

ta,
kieran
slothrob

support

Post by slothrob »

You might want to submit this suggestion to the support area to make sure the developers see it.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP