shopping list

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
budvar
Light Lager
Light Lager

shopping list

Post by budvar »

I have a recipe that I like but I ran out of the hops I always use so I subbed different hops but I can't subtract them from my inventory because I have to make a new planned recipe.

Plus I can't seem to subtract the grain or all the other stuff either unless I make a whole new planed recipe just because I want to use different hops.

I made the changes and saved it under a new name but how do I subtract the ingredients from inventory?
slothrob

shopping list

Post by slothrob »

I played around with this a bit, and this is how it seemed to work for me:

Once you modify and save the recipe (saving is crucial), the shopping list should change. If you still have the original recipe in the Planned Recipes folder, you'll need to delete the recipe from that folder to remove the ingredient from the shopping list. Or you could set the planned number to '0', after which the ingredient won't disappear, but the quantity will be set to '0'.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by derfburg21 »

So if you out all your supplies in "My Ingredients". Then you delete that recipe from the Planned brews, it should sub what was needed for that brew and leave what is left correct?

So if I have 10lbs of 2-row in the in My Ingredients", and I have a recipe that calls for 2lbs, then "My Ingredients" would show that I had 8lbs left after I delete it from "Planned recipes" section.
derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by derfburg21 »

Why is the EKG only thing showing in my shopping list that is being used?

slothrob

Post by slothrob »

derfburg21 wrote: So if I have 10lbs of 2-row in the in My Ingredients", and I have a recipe that calls for 2lbs, then "My Ingredients" would show that I had 8lbs left after I delete it from "Planned recipes" section.
You would need to hit the 'deduct' button to get BTP to subtract the ingredients from your inventory.

From your screen shot, EKG is the only ingredient in your recipes that is in your inventory folder. It's listing that you need to buy the other ingredients.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

yep what sloth said. EKG is the only ingredient you have in stock according to your screenshot.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

And the three Goldings additions are all listed at different alphas, which could cause a problem with inventory deductions.
iMac 20", 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2Duo, 4 GB Memory, OS 10.5.6, resolution 1680 x 1050.
Check out Baird Brewing
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I'm assuming that is coming from three recipies. All entered with different alpha content.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)