Feature Request - Plato on the Style tab

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
Nate-O

Feature Request - Plato on the Style tab

Post by Nate-O »

Hey guys, I would love to be able to display the Plato scale on the Style tab and not just SG.

Other than that, keep up the amazing work!

Cheers,

Nate-O
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

You can find Plato under the 'Analysis' tab

Post by billvelek »

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be convenient to have both SG and Plato listed under the Style tab, but I want to be sure you realize that you can find Plato under the 'Analysis' tab.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
Nate-O

Post by Nate-O »

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it displays Plato in Analysis and I like that, but I would love to have that option on the Style tab, as that's where I spend most of my time when I'm building out a recipe.

Cheers,

Nate
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by wottaguy »

how about having plato readings for pre-boil and post boil on the recipe print outs? I am constantly having to hand write them in myself to refer to on brew day.

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

I second 'Wottaguys' suggestion re printouts

Post by billvelek »

I second 'Wottaguys' suggestion re printouts; I don't use a hydrometer in the early stages (pre-boil and pre- and post-chill before pitching yeast) -- it's easier to cool a couple of drops for my refractometer. In fact, I often don't even bother with the hydrometer until I use my thief to check gravity well into the fermentation.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768