Version 1.5.2 Update

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Version 1.5.2 Update

Post by jeff »

A new update is available in My BeerTools.

After downloading the latest file from My BeerTools. The best way to install updates for the PC version is simply to run the installer. It will replace the old application (1.5.x), leaving preferences and databases intact.

Same principle for the Mac. Just replace your entire BeerTools Pro 1.5 folder (likely in your Applications folder) with the new one.

Code: Select all

BeerTools Pro Release Notes

Key:
[Opt] = Optimization
[Fix] = Bug Fix
[Imp] = Improvement on bug, but problems may still exist
[New] = New Feature
[Chg] = Changes Previous Functionality
[Kis] = Known Issue
[Wrk] = WorkAround
[Dep] = Deprecated
[Pat] = Describes a backwards compatibility issue.
[Ref] = Major refactoring, functionality should be identical to
        previous.

v1.5.2 2008-10-01

[Fix] [All] Swapped the HCO3 and SO4 column values for water
            profiles displayed in the contents list.
[Fix] [All] Fixed a calculation error that caused erroneous
            results when tabbing from one field to another in
            the vessel editor.
[Fix] [Win] The help menu is no longer empty in the shopping
            list window although the menu items are disabled.
[Fix] [Win] Fixed unhandled exception that occurred when closing
            the online recipe window or quitting the application
            without logging out.

v1.5.1 2008-09-13

[Fix] [Mac] Fixed unhandled exception that occurred when closing
            the online recipe window without logging out.
[Fix] [All] Corrected a deactivated license error that occurred
            when upgrading from a previous version that had at
            least one license renewal.
[New] [All] Implemented a new help engine.

v1.5.0 2008-08-23

[Fix] [All] Fixed display menu update when adding ingredients to
            the recipe using the context menu.
[Chg] [All] Minimize buttons removed from all movable modal
            windows to prevent confusion resulting from
            an unresponsive state while a modal is minimized.
[Chg] [All] Changed the vessel selector in the heat source
            editor to a popup arrow instead of a popup menu.
[Fix] [Mac] Fixed disappearing text in the final temp field of
            the batch sparge editor.
Last edited by jeff on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

I don't think 'Help' for 'Shopping List' is fixed yet

Post by billvelek »

v1.5.2 2008-10-01

snip

[Fix] [Win] The help menu is no longer empty in the shopping
list window although the menu items are disabled.
I just downloaded and installed v.1.5.2 and tested the 'Help' command while in the 'Shopping List' and it still does not open anything yet. I know you said the 'menu items are disabled', but my impression was that help works since it is 'no longer empty' (there was already info about it in the help files). I'm confused.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: I don't think 'Help' for 'Shopping List' is fixed yet

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:I just downloaded and installed v.1.5.2 and tested the 'Help' command while in the 'Shopping List' and it still does not open anything yet. I know you said the 'menu items are disabled', but my impression was that help works since it is 'no longer empty' (there was already info about it in the help files). I'm confused.
If you want to access the help topics, please use the 'Help' menu while the shopping list window is closed. If the help topics window is opened while the shopping list window is open, the help topics will not be accessible until the shopping list window is closed since it is a modal window. The only reason the 'Help' menu appears in the shopping list window is because it can't be turned off. At least you have something to look at if you use the menu now.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Thanks, Jeff; understood.

Post by billvelek »

Thanks, Jeff; I understand now, and there is no bug. But you can't fault me for thinking that something wasn't working right. What do you think about my suggestion for a method to add individual items to the shopping list, independent of planned recipes,and/or a way to print the complete inventory list rather than just a shopping list?

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Thanks, Jeff; understood.

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:What do you think about my suggestion for a method to add individual items to the shopping list, independent of planned recipes,and/or a way to print the complete inventory list rather than just a shopping list?
I have been thinking about ways to print the entire inventory as well as other items that could use print functionality. As for adding individual items to the shopping list, perhaps you could set up a special recipe file that just contains your regular items and add it to the planned recipes folder. Then it would come up with your other planned recipes in the shopping list. Best I can do for now :)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

That works fine, Jeff

Post by billvelek »

I created a special recipe folder titled "Fake Recipes for Supplies" and added several recipes with just a single 'ingredient' in each one -- and then preceded each name with a '(' so that they sort to the top of the list, e.g.,
(PBW -- Professional Brewers Wash
(StarSan
(Yeast Energizer
(Yeast Nutrient

I also created a recipe titled '((Minimum Inventory' [the double-parenthesis sorts it to the very top] ... in which I have added the minimum quantites that I like to keep on hand of all of my most commonly used ingredients, so that if the mood strikes me to experiment or make an unplanned beer, I can usually do so.

I'll keep them permanently in the 'Planned Recipes' folder and activate them when needed by using the 'Assemble' column. Instead of creating one for 'bottle caps', I'm going back to all of my recipes and am inserting them into the ingredients list so that whenever I make the recipe my bottle cap inventory will automatically debit, and then I'll manually adjust the inventory as needed if the count appears to eventually get off a bit. This looks like this is a good workable solution.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: Thanks, Jeff; understood.

Post by dasein668 »

jeff wrote:I have been thinking about ways to print the entire inventory as well as other items that could use print functionality.
This makes me soooo happy! Loving the software, but this will be a nice addition when it's available.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11