crash coming from online window

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
Matt23

crash coming from online window

Post by Matt23 »

Hi--

I seem to be having a crash occurring in BTP 1.5.1 when I have accessed the online window (in particular My Recipes) and then close the online window or the newly opened window without doing a logout first. I believe this was mentioned in an earlier thread but supposedly it was fixed (?) ... This is on Windows XP SP3

Also...the info on this page http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5516 says that installing 1.5 will overwrite the previous installation of BTP. This did not occur for me; my previous install of BTP (1.0.29.139) is still intact. I doubt that it would affect the new install negatively, but I thought I'd mention it.

thanks, love the BTP otherwise :)
-Matt

d'oh..i meant to put this in the Bug Thread. can someone move it for me. hmm seems the URL BB tag is not working either. oh welps.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: crash coming from online window

Post by jeff »

Matt23 wrote:I seem to be having a crash occurring in BTP 1.5.1 when I have accessed the online window (in particular My Recipes) and then close the online window or the newly opened window without doing a logout first. I believe this was mentioned in an earlier thread but supposedly it was fixed (?) ... This is on Windows XP SP3
This issue was affecting Mac users and was resolved for them. I'll look into it.
Matt23 wrote:Also...the info on this page http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5516 says that installing 1.5 will overwrite the previous installation of BTP. This did not occur for me; my previous install of BTP (1.0.29.139) is still intact. I doubt that it would affect the new install negatively, but I thought I'd mention it.
BTP will not overwrite 1.0 installations; only 1.5.x (if the same installation folder is selected when prompted by the installer). This gives you the option to run both versions if necessary. Version 1.0.x can be uninstalled if it is no longer needed.
Matt23 wrote:hmm seems the URL BB tag is not working either. oh welps.
New accounts are restricted for 48 hours as an anti-spam measure.

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Matt23

Post by Matt23 »

ah ok thanks for the reply, Jeff!
SocietyDweller
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: crash coming from online window

Post by SocietyDweller »

Matt23 wrote:I seem to be having a crash occurring in BTP 1.5.1 when I have accessed the online window (in particular My Recipes) and then close the online window or the newly opened window without doing a logout first. I believe this was mentioned in an earlier thread but supposedly it was fixed (?) ... This is on Windows XP SP3
I have the same problem here. XP SP3 also.