Download Recipes into BTP 1.5?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Download Recipes into BTP 1.5?

Post by gruversm »

Is there a site where I can download exisiting BTP recipes into v.1.5.1? I know that there is an online way of making recipes, but I would like to be able download existing recipes into BTP.
hemlock

Post by hemlock »

I second that request for info.
slothrob

downloading recipes from BeerTools

Post by slothrob »

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but you can download recipes from BeerTools into BTP by saving the recipe to your favorite recipes on the website. Then, in BTP, go to the menubar and select Online>My Recipes... Log in through the pop-up window and the saved recipe should appear for download into BTP.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

From the User Guide..

Post by jeff »

Page 33 of the User Guide explains how to download recipes:
Connecting to BeerTools.com

One of the most appealing features of BeerTools Pro is its ability to connect to BeerTools.com and retrieve recipes from one of the largest recipe libraries on the web. Having so many recipes at your disposal makes the recipe formulation process fast because you don't have to start from scratch.

Logging In
To connect to BeerTools.com you must first have a BeerTools.com account. If you don't have an account, visit the BeerTools.com website to register for a new account. Your account gives you access to your own recipe management area where personal recipes, library contributions and favorite recipes by other authors can be stored. It is this personal repository of recipes that BeerTools Pro displays when logging into the BeerTools.com site from within the program.

To open a BeerTools.com session, choose the Online->My Recipes menu item. Once the online session window is open, enter your username and password in the fields provided and click "Login."

Downloading Recipes
Once logged in, BeerTools Pro will display all of the recipes you have stored on the BeerTools.com site. The recipes are listed under three categories:
  • My Personal Recipes - personal recipes saved in the personal recipe slots allocated to your account.
    My Library Recipes - recipes created by you and shared with the public by adding them to the BeerTools.com recipe library.
    My Favorite Recipes - recipes created by other authors, shared with the public by means of the BeerTools.com recipe library and marked as your personal favorites.
To download a recipe select it from the list and double-click or click "Load." The recipe will download and open in a new recipe window. The recipe is not saved to your personal hard drive until you choose File->Save. The downloaded copy of the recipe can be modified and saved to your computer without affecting the copy stored on the website.

To end your BeerTools.com session, it is good practice to click "Logout" when you are finished downloading recipes. This contributes to resource conservation and increased security.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Jeff,

Doesn't this aso require a subscription to the beertools website?

jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

jawbox wrote:Jeff,

Doesn't this aso require a subscription to the beertools website?

jaw
You must have a BeerTools.com account but it does not have to be a GOLD subscription. Without the GOLD subscription, 5 recipes may be downloaded each month. With the GOLD subscription, unlimited personal and contributed library recipes may be downloaded each month, and 50 favorite library recipes by any author may be downloaded each month.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by gruversm »

I think that I'm stupid or misreading the directions for doing a file-->save as so that I can open it up in BTP1.5.

1. I've selected a particular recipe.
2. I've clicked on the "Add to Favorites/Beer Tools Pro" icon
3. I can see the recipe in My Beertools-->Favorites

I don't see, however, where I can click on download to computer or know how to do it.
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by gruversm »

OK...so I can download and email the file in TEXT format, but how can I download the file in order to IMPORT it into BTP1.5 as either XML or BTP file?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

gruversm wrote:OK...so I can download and email the file in TEXT format, but how can I download the file in order to IMPORT it into BTP1.5 as either XML or BTP file?
While in BeerTools Pro, choose the "My Recipes" item found in the "Online" menu to open the online session window. Login with your username and password to display the recipes you have stored in My BeerTools on the site. You don't use your web browser to download recipes. Please refer to the quoted text from the User Guide above for more details.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff