Accounting for fermentables of fruit

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
FrugalBrewer
Light Lager
Light Lager

Accounting for fermentables of fruit

Post by FrugalBrewer »

It appears to me that any fruit additives to a recipe have no gravity associations for fermentables.

I see that fruits are in the special assets folder but there is no field for specific gravity. It's as if BTP assumes no sugars will be contributed and we all know this is not the case.

However, if one tries to create an adjunct for fruit BTP rejects gravity entries in sg. For example, if I key that the adjunct is 100% fermentable but try to state a specific gravity of 1.048 lb/gal BTP alters this to an "oe" figure.

What is "oe" and how do I enter a adjunct (example pear nectar in the primary) properly?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Accounting for fermentables of fruit

Post by jeff »

FrugalBrewer wrote:However, if one tries to create an adjunct for fruit BTP rejects gravity entries in sg. For example, if I key that the adjunct is 100% fermentable but try to state a specific gravity of 1.048 lb/gal BTP alters this to an "oe" figure.
To enter specific gravity, type "1.048 sg". Or type the equivalent Oechsle scale value "48". To convert from one unit to another right-click (control-click Mac) on the number field to be presented with a list of options.

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
FrugalBrewer
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by FrugalBrewer »

Thanks for the reply. I may have a lot of suggestions here but, on the bright side I have always considered the forum support here to be top notch.

Back to topic,

I did try using the sg suffix and several times it regected it. Oddly enough, now it's taking it. :roll: