IBU's problem

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Masher

IBU's problem

Post by Masher »

Hi all, newbie here but been using BTP for a while. I have a feeling the problem I'm experiencing will have an easy answer and almost certainly will have been covered before, so appologies in advance . I did try a search first but was not able to find my answer.

When I adjust my eff via the arrows, I expect the IBU's to change just like the OG, FG, colour and alcohol. But they don't move. I have the eff box unchecked.

Thanks.
Masher.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: IBU's problem

Post by jeff »

Masher wrote:Hi all, newbie here but been using BTP for a while. I have a feeling the problem I'm experiencing will have an easy answer and almost certainly will have been covered before, so appologies in advance . I did try a search first but was not able to find my answer.

When I adjust my eff via the arrows, I expect the IBU's to change just like the OG, FG, colour and alcohol. But they don't move. I have the eff box unchecked.

Thanks.
Masher.
Some utilization algorithms don't include a gravity factor. You can view the currently employed algorithm by choosing Recipe->Utilization. Gravity is factored into the result if using Rager, Garetz, Mosher, Tinseth, Daniels, or Fowler (me :D).
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: IBU's problem

Post by billvelek »

snip ...
jeff wrote:Some utilization algorithms don't include a gravity factor. You can view the currently employed algorithm by choosing Recipe->Utilization. Gravity is factored into the result if using Rager, Garetz, Mosher, Tinseth, Daniels, or Fowler (me :D).
Jeff, while you're on the topic of IBUs, have you given any thought to my recent suggestion that the 'Style' Tab in the bottom panel somehow ... somewhere near the 'Bitterness' line (perhaps right below it if you made room by placing 'Subcategory' next to 'Category' instead of below it) ... show the formula used for the specific IBUs that are shown. As I pointed out in my prior post about this, there is a fairly wide disparity, and it would be good to know -- without having to look elsewhere to find out what the setting is or was -- and also be able to quickly toggle through them using arrows. Maybe somewhere on that line also indicate if the pellet utilization feature is in play. Just a suggestion that I think warrants serious consideration. Thanks.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768