Need to reinstall BeerTools Pro

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

beeraday65

Need to reinstall BeerTools Pro

Post by beeraday65 »

My wife decided she would reinstall windows without bothering to save a copy of Beertools for me. She also lost all my notes and recipes as well. I went to my downloads and got my license key for my Beertools Pro, but I can't find a way reinstall it without purchasing it again. I know, I know, I should of made a back up disk by now. Any pointers would be appreciated.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Need to reinstall BeerTools Pro

Post by jeff »

beeraday65 wrote:My wife decided she would reinstall windows without bothering to save a copy of Beertools for me. She also lost all my notes and recipes as well. I went to my downloads and got my license key for my Beertools Pro, but I can't find a way reinstall it without purchasing it again. I know, I know, I should of made a back up disk by now. Any pointers would be appreciated.
No problem. In My BeerTools->Downloads you can use the "Download" link to download another copy of BTP. When unlocking BTP, you will be prompted to renew your license key online. Follow the instructions for renewing your key and a new one will be sent immediately.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
beeraday65

Post by beeraday65 »

OK, I've downloaded BTP twice this morning but I'm never directed to renew my license key. I put the key which appears on my downloads and it just takes me to the BTP site. When there all I can do is purchase BTP.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

beeraday65 wrote:OK, I've downloaded BTP twice this morning but I'm never directed to renew my license key. I put the key which appears on my downloads and it just takes me to the BTP site. When there all I can do is purchase BTP.
You can visit this link to request your license key: https://www.beertools.com/requestkey
Let me know if you still have trouble, thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
beeraday65

Post by beeraday65 »

I don't think the license key is the problem. Even with the new key I can not click on the register icon, only the quit or purchase.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

beeraday65 wrote:I don't think the license key is the problem. Even with the new key I can not click on the register icon, only the quit or purchase.
These articles may help:

http://support.beertools.com/index.php? ... &article=3
http://www.beertoolspro.com/wiki/License_Key

Does the name you are using match the one in the license email?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
beeraday65

Post by beeraday65 »

Sorry about all the trouble. I took a closer look and it turns out that when I first purchased the program I used my first name twice. Why? I don't know. Thanks.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

beeraday65 wrote:Sorry about all the trouble. I took a closer look and it turns out that when I first purchased the program I used my first name twice. Why? I don't know. Thanks.
No problem. If you decide to change your account information, I can generate a new license key based on the correct name. You can use the "Modify Account" link on the left side of many of the pages at BeerTools.com to access your account info.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff