Beertools 1.5

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
carlosm

Beertools 1.5

Post by carlosm »

When does it come out?

and if you already have beertools pro is it a free upgrade?
cronix

:(

Post by cronix »

Come on guys...

It's taking forever to release this soo waited new version of BTP.

I know that it's probably hard this kind of software development, but Ive seen posts talking about a public beta for ages... It has been really frustrating the wait.

Hope we can try this new piece of software soon.

:mrgreen:
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: :(

Post by jeff »

cronix wrote:Hope we can try this new piece of software soon.
Doing my best :(
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
conman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by conman »

jeff wrote:
any updates or idea about when maybe we might could expect to be thinking about getting a chance to think we might see an update :roll: ?
Homebrewing since 1998!
cronix

Post by cronix »

conman wrote:
jeff wrote:
any updates or idea about when maybe we might could expect to be thinking about getting a chance to think we might see an update :roll: ?
I'm b=pretty sure development is probably halted...
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

Development certainly isn't halted. The 10th beta build of 1.5 was just released. I don't know when this is going to be ready for release, but the beta team has been working hard to improve the software and it's come a looooong way since 1.5.1beta.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
garylaurance

Version 1.5

Post by garylaurance »

Jeff, is there any update of when the newer version is going to be released, I do see that the testers are still hard at it. Sounds like it is going to be a great program.
Gary
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Version 1.5

Post by jeff »

garylaurance wrote:Jeff, is there any update of when the newer version is going to be released, I do see that the testers are still hard at it. Sounds like it is going to be a great program.
Gary
The only hold up right now is the user manual. The program itself is pretty much complete. A few things have come up that pulled me off the project for a few weeks but I hope to be back at it soon. Thanks for your patience!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
RommelMagic

1.5 on 9/2

Post by RommelMagic »

I got the email that 1.5 will be ready on 9/2, however nothing is mentioned on what is new about the newer version. Care to share?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

What's new in BeerTools Pro 1.5?

Post by jeff »

What Makes BeerTools Pro 1.5 Different?
The BTP interface has been significantly modified from its original form in order to provide access to the more commonly used tools and features without leaving the main window. The user experience is more efficient and more intuitive. Some of the changes:
  • New toolbar with buttons for managing recipe files, folders, and printing
    New assets library for storing recipes, ingredients, equipment and other items just a mouse-click away
    Contents list for displaying the contents of assets folders
    New info panel for immediate access to recipe and ingredient specifics including detailed descriptions and analysis data
    Fully drag-n-drop capable for moving ingredients in and out of recipes
What Else Is Different?
The interface has experienced numerous other improvements that make working with BTP easier than ever. One example is how 1.5 handles units of measure. BTP 1.0 combined a text field and a popup menu to store a value and its corresponding unit of measure. This was a very flexible way to handle units, but 1.5 greatly improves on it by eliminating the units popup menu. How are units entered now? One way is to type the unit abbreviation after the value. If the abbreviation is omitted the current unit is used. Additionally, unit conversions can be done even easier now. Simply right-click on the value and a menu with list all of the possible conversions appears. Converting the value is just a matter of selecting from the list! To match the power of the new method of unit conversion, we have implemented a few more enhancements:
  • Values can be edited directly in the ingredient, equipment, and other lists
    The graphs next to fermentables and hops can be dragged to change their respective ingredient proportions
    Many items have been removed from the interface because their functionality was replaced and their presence cluttered the layout
What New Features Are Included?
Ever since the introduction of BeerTools Pro, we have maintained a punch list of items that have continued to remain on the drawing board. We are happy to announce that we haved knocked a few things off the list:
  • Recipe management within BeerTools Pro
    Inventory tracking, comparison and recipe deduction
    New dilution tool
    Demo version licenses
We look forward to hearing your thoughts and expressions as you experience BeerTools Pro 1.5.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff