BeerTools Pro Documentation Wiki

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

BeerTools Pro Documentation Wiki

Post by lathe »

We have set up the BeerTools Pro Documentation Wiki.

Please feel free to explore and add on to it.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Need links to Wiki

Post by billvelek »

Jeff and Lathe, I hate posting the same message twice, but it's probably more convenient for you than referring you to another thread -- i.e., "BTP Documentation Wiki?", below. This is my recent post there that I want to be sure you see:
Just a thought, but unless I've somehow missed it, I don't find any links on your website to the BTP Wiki. Also, unless a BTP user happens to visit the forums, there would be no way to know about the Wiki that I can see; I therefore suggest that BTP be modified to include a direct link to the Wiki via one of the menu dropdowns -- either "Online" or "Help". It would also be a convenience to have the link there.

Snip ... I noticed that the BTP Documentation thread/forum has been locked. In some forums, when a thread is locked, new messages can't be posted there, but the previous messages can still be read. Here, all messages appear to have been deleted, and I can't find my posts to that forum by using the "View Your Posts" feature, either. My only concern is that I think there might have been some good ideas expressed in that thread regarding the particular areas needing clarification and probably some useful suggestions, too. I just thought I would peruse that thread before picking something to write for the Wiki. Is there any chance that that thread can be retrieved. I just think we have lost a good stepping-off place, and I am sorry to see that it is gone ... even if it might have contained some criticisms of BTP.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
notbob
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

I like it!

Post by notbob »

Very nice. I haven't had the chance to play with it much, but i like it.

Slick.
MNBugeater

Accurate and Complete Documentation

Post by MNBugeater »

:?:

Ok, If I am missing something please point me in the right direction...

The Wiki documentation page(s) is for version 1.5 and is missing alot of information or has blank pages for alot of the links.

The current version available is 1.0.29 according my version after I just checked for updates from the Online menu.

Is there complete documentation for Beer Tools Pro? The software LOOKS nice and appears to be easier to use than ProMash, but with out some documentation the jury is still out. There are things I can't do in BTP that I could in ProMash, but i suspect its only because I can't find how to do them.

I'd like to seriously give BTP a try, can someone point me to the documentation?
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Accurate and Complete Documentation

Post by lathe »

MNBugeater wrote:The Wiki documentation page(s) is for version 1.5 and is missing alot of information or has blank pages for alot of the links.
MNBugeater,

Yes the wiki has screenshots of 1.5. We are in the process of getting the documentation of 1.5 up to speed. The main difference is the images. The actual content is (for the most part) 1.0 related. There are also some dead links in the wiki...but all of this is an indication that we are building improved docs for 1.5.

As for questions that you have, please feel free to post in our forums...we have a LOT of BTP users in here that are happy to help.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

wiki

Post by slothrob »

I've been hesitant to post any info about 1.5 in the wiki as it is still beta and changing, while the wiki seemed (last time I looked) to be aimed at the general public of 1.0 users.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Accurate and Complete Documentation

Post by gruversm »

lathe wrote:
MNBugeater wrote:The Wiki documentation page(s) is for version 1.5 and is missing alot of information or has blank pages for alot of the links.
MNBugeater,

Yes the wiki has screenshots of 1.5. We are in the process of getting the documentation of 1.5 up to speed. The main difference is the images. The actual content is (for the most part) 1.0 related. There are also some dead links in the wiki...but all of this is an indication that we are building improved docs for 1.5.

As for questions that you have, please feel free to post in our forums...we have a LOT of BTP users in here that are happy to help.
When will the Wiki be fully updated?
Trickydick

Post by Trickydick »

Where is the separation editor? I'm running 1.5.12 and I cannot find this in the program or the users guide.

TD
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Trickydick wrote:Where is the separation editor? I'm running 1.5.12 and I cannot find this in the program or the users guide.

TD
Separation editor has been split into two editors: fly-sparge and batch sparge. It used to try to do both but it was too confusing. So the two sparge types were isolated.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff