Recipe Designed by Percentages

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
locldrfrx

Recipe Designed by Percentages

Post by locldrfrx »

Is there a way to creat a recipe by percentages other than using lbs and oz? Can you edit the Propotion field and enter in your own percentages? For example you enter in the percentage and BTP automatically enters in the lbs or oz. Thanks.........
Sony Vaio 2.4ghz
1GB RAM
Windows XP
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by warthog »

i would just switch to metric units. then scale to whatever batch size you want.

so say arbitrarily say your grain bill will be 100 kg (yeah baby!) then 57% will be 57 kg, and so on. add water until you have the required og (in btp). from there just use the scale feature. i'm pretty sure you can just change the units back to english, and that will convert everything without any further steps.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

warthog wrote:i would just switch to metric units. then scale to whatever batch size you want.

so say arbitrarily say your grain bill will be 100 kg (yeah baby!) then 57% will be 57 kg, and so on. add water until you have the required og (in btp). from there just use the scale feature. i'm pretty sure you can just change the units back to english, and that will convert everything without any further steps.
Ingenious! :D
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

metric

Post by slothrob »

I've done something similar by arbitrarily setting a 10# grain bill, then scaling. In other words, 50% would be 5.0#, 25# would be 2.5#, etc.

I find that editing by sliding the bar in the Proportion field to be too difficult to control easily, but that's another option.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: metric

Post by warthog »

slothrob wrote:I've done something similar by arbitrarily setting a 10# grain bill, then scaling. In other words, 50% would be 5.0#, 25# would be 2.5#, etc....
yeah, i though of that too. i decided on metric, so that hop and things measured in something other than lbs would still work without a lot of extra effort. but yeah, that works too.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
slothrob

Re: metric

Post by slothrob »

warthog wrote: yeah, i though of that too. i decided on metric, so that hop and things measured in something other than lbs would still work without a lot of extra effort. but yeah, that works too.
Good point. I hadn't considered of the hop issue. When I did this I scaled, then calculated the hop additions.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP