Kegerator conversion kits

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegerator conversion kits

Post by Legman »

Where would be the best place/cheapest deals on kegging equipment?

I just recently got 5 FREE soda kegs from the Coke salesman that delivers to our company and I've got an old freezer I'm going to convert to a kegerator.

Any advise on where to buy? Thanks! :D
KBrau
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Kegging Equipment

Post by KBrau »

There are a couple of places that have good selections on kegging equipment. I recently ordered some stuff from www.kegworks.com and they were very good. Also I have heard good things about www.wholesaledraft.com

Also I have some info on my site about building a kegerator:

http://web.mac.com/richkuenstler/Kuenst ... rator.html
Good luck.
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by Legman »

OK. Thanks man. I'll take a look at those links!
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by yaturaz »

Check out http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categories.bok also. I have purchases a few kegs and other things and they are great.[/url]
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegerator

Post by Legman »

Finally got my kegerator built. I bought the conversion kit at http://www.beveragefactory.com
They seemed to have pretty good prices, so I went with them. I had an old, small chest freezer laying around, so it was time to put it to good use. I made the beer towers from galvanized rigid conduit elbows I bought at Lowes for about 8 bucks a piece. I ground the zinc off of them and polished them up at work on a buffing wheel. I used some black rubber stoppers to hold the beer faucets by drilling a hole big enough for the shank to fit through. The shank nut sticks to the stopper and when you insert it into the elbow, you can tighten it down and the rubber stopper bulges out making a snug fit. Worked out better than I thought is was going to. The elbows are insulated with a thick vinyl hose that I crammed in inside, then the beer line run inside of that.

I'm kegging my first one this weekend. I can't wait!!!
BEFORE
Image Image
Last edited by Legman on Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegerator

Post by Legman »

AFTER
Image Image Image
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

Kegerator

Post by bfabre »

Nice Job! Looks like you really took your time. Legman, I am impressed.
"B"
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegerator

Post by Legman »

Hey thanks man! 8)

It's a little small, but I already had that old freezer laying around. So that was just one less expense. I can fit 2 kegs and my CO2 tank inside with room to spare. There's just not enough room to put any more kegs in there. But at least this will get me going and at some point if I feel the need I'll just buy a bigger freezer. I'll already have all the other parts I need.

I just kegged the first one this morning. I would like to let it age for 3-4 weeks, but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to wait! Brewing up another tomorrow morning so I'll have two full kegs in there. Kegging was so much easier than bottling!