Feature Requests Archive B

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

Can you not duplicate an ingredient in the recipe window?

I could have sworn the old version allowed you to to that.

For example, I have two additions of Summit, can't I drag it down from the ingredients DB, then right click to duplicate it?
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by TCBrewguy »

Dude wrote:Can you not duplicate an ingredient in the recipe window?

I could have sworn the old version allowed you to to that.

For example, I have two additions of Summit, can't I drag it down from the ingredients DB, then right click to duplicate it?
v1.028 featured a "duplicate" option. I would like to see this feature return in v1.5 too.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

Scenario:

Recipe is loaded, but not modified. Hit the "x" in the top left corner to close BTP, pop-up window comes up with two options: "Exit BTP" or "New recipe".

Can you guys add a "cancel" option to that?

I find that if I change my mind and want to keep the recipe open, it doesn't really give the option to back out of that.

Not a big deal...just a time saver for prolly only myself.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Length of time boiling Mineral Salts

Post by a_daley »

Would it be possible to add the length of time boiled mineral salts as well as for the extracts - because the length you do boil them for does effect the final taste... When I use Extracts & Minerals up to now I have been just putting the info under the notes tab.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Two Pcs Licenced by default

Post by a_daley »

It would be nice if we could have two licensed copies of BTP - one for the desktop and the other for a laptop by default... then synchronizes the recipes on completion - then we can update our notes as we brew.

Also a print preview option would also be appreciated.

Using the info window for various items like gravity everything is lbs/gal. Converting it and having to remember it is 453.59g/3.79l in metric is simply frustrating.
barleypopmaker
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Two Pcs Licenced by default

Post by barleypopmaker »

a_daley wrote:It would be nice if we could have two licensed copies of BTP - one for the desktop and the other for a laptop by default... then synchronizes the recipes on completion - then we can update our notes as we brew.

Also a print preview option would also be appreciated.

Using the info window for various items like gravity everything is lbs/gal. Converting it and having to remember it is 453.59g/3.79l in metric is simply frustrating.
I would second the idea of getting second license for the same user. There are many people who use both a laptop and desktop and it would be nice to be able to just pay for the program once. But I also understand their reasons for doing it the other way.

There is a duplicate feature. Just right click the item to be duplicated. I just used it in V 1.5 last night as a matter of fact.
-Jason

Beta testing on an older Dell latitude c610 Laptop
Windows XP Professional SP2
Pentium III
256 RAM
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

You can put the program on 2 computers now. You just have to register them at the same time.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Clegg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Label

Post by Clegg »

I would love to see a feature where I could include my labels into the recipe file. Perhaps a field near the Beertools color indicatore where you could insert or past an image file (.bmp, .jpg). I create labels for each of my beers and I've seen on multiple forums that others do the same. It would be great to see those labels when I am working with the recipe and also on the print out.
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 7500, 1024x768 32 bit, Windows XP Professional.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Removal of Lock / Scale option of totals of recipe

Post by a_daley »

Version 1.5.3 you have removed this. As I use this frequently could this be restored please? :(
slothrob

Re: Removal of Lock / Scale option of totals of recipe

Post by slothrob »

a_daley wrote:Version 1.5.3 you have removed this. As I use this frequently could this be restored please? :(
There seems to be a problem with the Lock/Save selection box disappearing when the check box is checked. Whatever the last function was still operates when the box is checked, it just can't be changed.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Removal of Lock / Scale option of totals of recipe

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:Version 1.5.3 you have removed this. As I use this frequently could this be restored please? :(
I uploaded a new file. The development environment I use sometimes hides GUI controls randomly. Thanks for the heads up.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Thanks, Jeff.

One feature that might be nice would be a "collapse" button for the volume field area of the main recipe window. Maybe so just the final volume field still showed. This would give those of us with smaller monitors more room to expand the ingredients or inventory display fields.

It would allow more focus on the Ingredients and Style areas while creating a recipe, then the volume/attenuation fields could be displayed when you change your focus to actually brewing the beer.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

slothrob wrote:Thanks, Jeff.

One feature that might be nice would be a "collapse" button for the volume field area of the main recipe window. Maybe so just the final volume field still showed. This would give those of us with smaller monitors more room to expand the ingredients or inventory display fields.

It would allow more focus on the Ingredients and Style areas while creating a recipe, then the volume/attenuation fields could be displayed when you change your focus to actually brewing the beer.
I agree, that info isn't needed 99% of the time.
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Pop up window for adding ingredients

Post by Dale Hair »

When adding ingredients I would like to see a pop up window to set the amount, time, etc.

I also would like to be able to set the default increment for the arrows, rather than 1 lb increment I would prefer .25 lb or .5 lb.
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Drag and Drop with right mouse button

Post by a_daley »

Be useful to be able to "right drag and drop" with the right mouse button in one movement rather than copy on the page then move that when copying recipes around under the "Recipe sub tree". Can then choose whether to move, copy or cancel easily.

Being able to print a list of recipe names + basic info and their relevant directory tree \Recipes\Brewed Recipes would also be helpful.