Hey Freon12

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

Hey Freon12

Post by stumpwater »

Looks like the wheat will be the first lager I brew. I have had to hold off due to a lack of appropriate yeast. I have a Bohemian lager yeast from Wyeast now. Do you think that it will work or should I wait? Anyway, looking forward to letting you know about the results. Thanks for the tip. In the meantime I have a batch of my midnight porter to get through and a batch of Azorean Brewer's Helle/alt. Life sucks, eh? Man, since I got this fridge and the 4 Corny kegs, I have been brewing up a storm. Thanks for your help!
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Vienna

Post by Freon12 »

I have not used that yeast, but I am making a Vienna Friday using that yeast. Small world huh?
I have only made ales using more than 20% wheat. I have not tried a wheat lager as of yet. I really love the Hefe wiezen with 3068. I have heard about a Baverian or german wheat, but never have made one. The lager would not have the esters and fruit I like in wheat beers. That's just me, I see no reason why that would not produce a fine beer.

Cheers. S.