Brew Day features

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
mjbernier

Brew Day features

Post by mjbernier »

The program could use a lot of brew day features such as timers that can be preset with what hop addition to add and such. It would also be nice to have it go off to take notes as to when the actual step took place for things like mashing. So that it would go off when 45 minutes occured but if you continue to mash it will keep counting and it will automatically save it for future reference.
P4 3000 Windows XP 512k 1024 x 768
P4 1.8 windows vista laptop
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Brew Day features

Post by Dude »

mjbernier wrote:The program could use a lot of brew day features such as timers that can be preset with what hop addition to add and such. It would also be nice to have it go off to take notes as to when the actual step took place for things like mashing. So that it would go off when 45 minutes occured but if you continue to mash it will keep counting and it will automatically save it for future reference.

I agree, those should be a mandatory features, IMHO.
dgriffin

Post by dgriffin »

Good point that would be useful
Clegg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Clegg »

+1 for timers. Ever since I've started using BTP I've had to use a small software utility called "homebrew timer" to track my boil time and hop adds.

A simple countedown timer to track those items and ring an alarm when it is time to add hops/finish boil would go a long ways.
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 7500, 1024x768 32 bit, Windows XP Professional.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Clegg wrote:+1 for timers. Ever since I've started using BTP I've had to use a small software utility called "homebrew timer" to track my boil time and hop adds.

A simple countedown timer to track those items and ring an alarm when it is time to add hops/finish boil would go a long ways.
Been on the punch list since before BTP was released Oct 2006. If not sooner, I am pretty sure it will be a part of BTP 2.0.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff