BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Post by lathe »

Please post bug reports to this thread.

PLEASE DO NOT POST FEATURE REQUESTS HERE
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Equipment: Doesn't remember the shape of my mash tun elliptical/rectangular. When I open up my vessel nothing is shown in the shape drop down. Reselect and saved three times same result nothing in the drop down when you reopen it.

Fixed in version 1.5.0.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
Clegg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Clegg »

Pasting the activation key into the window causes an error that the key has been invalidated. Occurs whether pasting from IE7 and microsoft word. Typing in the key activates with no issues.

Fixed in version 1.5.2.
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 7500, 1024x768 32 bit, Windows XP Professional.
PFBrew
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PFBrew »

Linux Bug:

Edit>Preferences produces:

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shutdown.

If you enter the Library Folder Location this error goes away.

Fixed in version 1.5.1.
Last edited by PFBrew on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
NVidia GeForce 7950GT 512 MB
1920x1200
mrkristofo
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mrkristofo »

After dragging the contents/recipes from the "Imported Recipes" folder into the main "Recipes" folder, and then deleting the empty "Imported Recipes" folder, the application hangs and must be force-quit. Below are the details from "Report to Apple":

EDIT: Too much text to paste.

Fixed in version 1.5.2.
Last edited by mrkristofo on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
15" MBP 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 1440 x 1200, OSX 10.5.3
mrkristofo
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mrkristofo »

Next problem still has to do with Inventory. The inventory isn't general enough to tell me if I have the hops I need or not. For Example, I have a recipe calling for Cascades at 5.5% alpha. I have Cascades at 5.8% and 6.0% in my inventory, but it says I still need to go out and buy the 5.5%'s. I think this kink needs to be worked out, either by recalculating the amounts for the aa hops I have avaiable, or recognizing them by name online.

Not a bug.
15" MBP 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 1440 x 1200, OSX 10.5.3
yeager1977
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by yeager1977 »

When importing recipes etc my equipment was not imported. I would rather have more equipment and duplicates and have to delte than have to re-enter all the information again.

Not a bug.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

System Specs
1GB Ram
1.7ghz duo core AMD Athlon 64
Windows Vista Home
Also misc linux boxes running Ubuntu and Redhat.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Equipment

Post by jeff »

yeager1977 wrote:When importing recipes etc my equipment was not imported. I would rather have more equipment and duplicates and have to delte than have to re-enter all the information again.
If you open recipes that contain your equipment, you should be able to drag the equipment from the recipe into the equipment folder on the left. I hadn't thought of it before, but I suppose you're right. It would make sense to scan imported recipe files for equipment and packaging and add these automatically.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Editing the Shopping|Inventory List?

Post by wottaguy »

Hi All!

Not sure if this a a bug or an overlooked item, but how does one edit their shopping list or inventory list for any recipe, in particular the "In Stock" field. Has this functionality not been implemented yet or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Ron S
(_)3

Not a bug.
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Editing the Shopping|Inventory List?

Post by jeff »

wottaguy wrote:Hi All!

Not sure if this a a bug or an overlooked item, but how does one edit their shopping list or inventory list for any recipe, in particular the "In Stock" field. Has this functionality not been implemented yet or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Ron S
(_)3
In stock items are those found in "My Ingredients". Drag the ingredients that you have in stock to "My Ingredients" and enter amounts for them. (You can drag from the current recipe or from the "Ingredient DB") These amounts will be reflected in the shopping list window. If you click the "Deduct" button, the amounts from the current recipe will be deducted from the amounts entered in "My Ingredients".
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Editing the Shopping|Inventory List? re jeff

Post by wottaguy »

Sorry Jeff,

I have the ingrediants listed in My Ingrediants. I don't see any way to edit the amounts that I have and the shopping list has no options to do so as well. Do I have to delete it from my ingrediants then add it back in for each recipe? Does not make sense to me. Please show me the light...!

Ron S (_)3

Not a bug.

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Editing the Shopping|Inventory List? re jeff

Post by jeff »

wottaguy wrote:I have the ingrediants listed in My Ingrediants. I don't see any way to edit the amounts that I have and the shopping list has no options to do so as well.
Can you click on the quantity column next to each ingredient to edit the amount?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Re: Editing the Shopping|Inventory List?

Post by wottaguy »

Sorry Jeff....I had to get back to work...I'll get back to you after I get home later today.

ron (_)3

Not a bug.

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
joshi
Light Lager
Light Lager

Bug Report - Schedule >> Temperature value with 0.0 vo

Post by joshi »

Bug report
==========

Using a step-infusion schedule, the Temp value becomes a nonsensically large number when you drop the infusion volume to 0.0 on the Infusion step.

Edit: Reproducibility issue: was not always able to reproduce this functionality. Seems like modifying the Thickness plays a factor, specifically chosing qt/lb number via right click and then modifying that number.

Joshi Fullop
Systems Engineer
NCSA

Could not reproduce.
Last edited by joshi on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been there, brewed that.
Clegg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Editing the Shopping|Inventory List? re jeff

Post by Clegg »

jeff wrote:
wottaguy wrote:I have the ingrediants listed in My Ingrediants. I don't see any way to edit the amounts that I have and the shopping list has no options to do so as well.
Can you click on the quantity column next to each ingredient to edit the amount?

I had the same issue yesterday when I first started using the program. Eventually I found the quantity column and arrows to enter the information. At the risk of putting this request into the wrong thread, I'd suggest making it a little bit more obvious when you drag ingredients to "my ingredients". Or by adding a quantity field when you double click an ingredient in the "my ingredients" database.

Not a bug.
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 7500, 1024x768 32 bit, Windows XP Professional.