What's new in BeerTools Pro 1.5?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

What's new in BeerTools Pro 1.5?

Post by jeff »

BeerTools Pro 1.1 has been skipped! We have gone straight to version 1.5 because BeerTools Pro is a very different application when compared to version 1.0. Don't worry! All current BeerTools Pro customers still receive the upgrade free of charge.

What Makes BeerTools Pro 1.5 So Different?
The BTP interface has been significantly modified from its original form in order to provide access to the more commonly used tools and features without leaving the main window. The user experience is more efficient and more intuitive. Some of the changes:
  • New toolbar with buttons for managing recipe files, folders, and printing
    New assets library for storing recipes, ingredients, equipment and other items just a mouse-click away
    Contents list for displaying the contents of assets folders
    New info panel for immediate access to recipe and ingredient specifics including detailed descriptions and analysis data
    Fully drag-n-drop capable for moving ingredients in and out of recipes
What Else Is Different?
The interface has experienced numerous other improvements that make working with BTP easier than ever. One example is how 1.5 handles units of measure. BTP 1.0 combined a text field and a popup menu to store a value and its corresponding unit of measure. This was a very flexible way to handle units, but 1.5 greatly improves on it by eliminating the units popup menu. How are units entered now? One way is to type the unit abbreviation after the value. If the abbreviation is omitted the current unit is used. Additionally, unit conversions can be done even easier now. Simply right-click on the value and a menu with list all of the possible conversions appears. Converting the value is just a matter of selecting from the list! To match the power of the new method of unit conversion, we have implemented a few more enhancements:
  • Values can be edited directly in the ingredient, equipment, and other lists
    The graphs next to fermentables and hops can be dragged to change their respective ingredient proportions
    Many items have been removed from the interface because their functionality was replaced and their presence cluttered the layout
What New Features Are Included?
Ever since the introduction of BeerTools Pro, we have maintained a punch list of items that have continued to remain on the drawing board. We are happy to announce that we haved knocked a few things off the list:
  • Recipe management within BeerTools Pro
    Inventory tracking, comparison and recipe deduction
    New dilution tool
    Demo version licenses
What's Next?
There are many things to come, and we will continue to introduce new features throughout the year. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and expressions as you experience BeerTools Pro 1.5.

Thanks for joining the team!
Last edited by jeff on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
thebirdman
Light Lager
Light Lager

quantities

Post by thebirdman »

So your saying.....
If I was to enter 1lb 12oz I would place it in as 1.12 ???
or would still need to convert that to 1.75????

As stated be nice to do it as 1lb 12 oz.... :)
P4 dual core duo, 4gb 800mhz ram, nvida 8600gt
500/100 gb sata....sata d/l dvd
200 gb ide....d/l ide dvd. 19" benq flat panel
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: quantities

Post by jeff »

thebirdman wrote:So your saying.....
If I was to enter 1lb 12oz I would place it in as 1.12 ???
or would still need to convert that to 1.75????

As stated be nice to do it as 1lb 12 oz.... :)
Hmm. Not exactly. I'll have to make a note of that. But it will do 28 oz :D
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
wactuary
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by wactuary »

A possible "best of both worlds" solution could be 1.12 = 1 lbs 2 oz, but 1:12 = 1 lbs 12 oz.

Just a thought.
Main: Asus P5B Dlx with e6600 (Conroe), 2GB Ram, Nvidia 7600GS, 1280x1024, Fully updated Ubuntu 8.04 w/ Backports repository enabled (64bit version), 1.5.11 beta installed, Sun Java-6
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

thats a good idea
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

I would say that is very clever thinking and be very useful....