kegerator building

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Ricky10

kegerator building

Post by Ricky10 »

newbie to forum.question is .I am building a kegerator. from a full sized frige,does it matter if the co2 is on the inside or outside.would like to put on the outside, on the side with the tap on the front,to make room for more corney's inside.worried about hitting lines on the side.
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Three holes

Post by brewmeisterintng »

I have three holes in the side of my refrig. Two holes for taps and one for the CO2 line. I did a lot of research on my model and found where the lines were likely to be and worked around them. There are not as many as one would think. If you want to use caution, drilling a small hole through the skin and use a modified coat hanger to feel around before enlarging the hole and going all the way through might be a good idea. I also built a 9 inch platform for the frig to sit on so I didn't have to do any bending for my beer.
Besides taking up room in the frig, the CO2 canister will have a lower pressure at colder temperatures.
Ricky10

kegerator

Post by Ricky10 »

thanks for the info,was also told some friges have plugs in them too but mine don't.I did e-mail the co. for info on it too.thought I had read that the co2 on the inside would show a low or incorrect pressure.going to build the same thing for mine, I will have to bend over a lot on mine to once the tap and handle are on and I won't have freezer clearence.
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Tap Handles

My brother put his taps on the door of his refrigerator. I made him a pair of 7 inch tap handles so that they wouldn't interfer with the freezer door.
bionome

Re: Tap Handles

Post by bionome »

brewmeisterintng wrote:My brother put his taps on the door of his refrigerator. I made him a pair of 7 inch tap handles so that they wouldn't interfer with the freezer door.
What did you make your handles out of.
bionome
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Made them on a lathe

I bought the inserts at http://www.mcmaster.com/ so that they would fit on the taps. They are the same ones that NB sells but for a fraction of the cost. I made them out of walnut and maple.
I wish I knew how to post pictures as they did turn out beautiful.
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

tap handles

Post by bfabre »

I made a few too. maple and figured maple were the local woods. The rest were from more ecotic peices like purple heart, paduk, blood wood etc. I also tried some made from a high quality plywood. It has seven layers per 1/4 inch. and them stacked them together for the thikness nedded. Turned out pretty cool. Some even were inset with the inlaws family crest. That one was presented to my brother-in-law for his St. Patricks day party.

Now back to the kegerators.
"B"