dropdowns in recipe creator

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

dropdowns in recipe creator

Post by candleman »

i have a couple of hop varieties that are not listed in the dropdowns and i was wondering if there could be an 'other' category created so you can type in your hop variety and list it's alpha percentage?

no big deal if that's a no,but it would be nice :wink:
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Have you tried clicking on "New" just above the ingredients list? It will bring up a box where you can input info ingredients that are not in the database. Or did I not understand your question?
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by candleman »

i do not see 'new' as an option.maybe it is because i am using the trial version
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

candleman wrote:i do not see 'new' as an option.maybe it is because i am using the trial version
If you are using the online tools, the Generator has limited selections of hops to work with. If you want to change your selections to something other than those in the list, load the recipe in the Calculator using the icon in the upper left of the results page after you have generated your recipe. The Calculator does not limit hop selections like the Generator does.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by candleman »

cool thanks