dropdowns in recipe creator

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row, wottaguy

dropdowns in recipe creator

Postby candleman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:59 am

i have a couple of hop varieties that are not listed in the dropdowns and i was wondering if there could be an 'other' category created so you can type in your hop variety and list it's alpha percentage?

no big deal if that's a no,but it would be nice :wink:
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby ColoradoBrewer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:01 am

Have you tried clicking on "New" just above the ingredients list? It will bring up a box where you can input info ingredients that are not in the database. Or did I not understand your question?
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Postby candleman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 pm

i do not see 'new' as an option.maybe it is because i am using the trial version
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby jeff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:49 pm

candleman wrote:i do not see 'new' as an option.maybe it is because i am using the trial version

If you are using the online tools, the Generator has limited selections of hops to work with. If you want to change your selections to something other than those in the list, load the recipe in the Calculator using the icon in the upper left of the results page after you have generated your recipe. The Calculator does not limit hop selections like the Generator does.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Postby candleman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

cool thanks
candleman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Return to General