Can I sell my BTP program??

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: You have a choice

Post by jeff »

bakins wrote:So what is the refund procedure? Knowledge base didn't seem to help...
Pretty easy. You ask me for a refund, I handle the rest.
bakins wrote:Would been easier if there was a demo, like all the other brewing software.
BTP 1.1 is trial license enabled. I'm behind schedule on 1.1 but I have been working on it quite a bit this weekend. I'm trying to get a new alpha build uploaded tonight. The trial license portion of the program is working pretty well and is ready for production.

There is something that I find curious about your post. You point out that all the others have demos available, is there a particular reason you purchased the only program that doesn't?

Please let me know what you want to do; thanks :)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

where does one find these alphas?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

lucas i think if you stick around you'll find btp to be a great piece of software for all grain brewing.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

jawbox, I've been using it since the first beta, I bought it based on the (previously) active development, rather than the actual feature set as I'd assumed that the missing stuff would appear soon enough. but for the last ~6 months there's be basically zero improvement in the software, I want in on these alphas
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

lucas wrote:jawbox, I've been using it since the first beta, I bought it based on the (previously) active development, rather than the actual feature set as I'd assumed that the missing stuff would appear soon enough. but for the last ~6 months there's be basically zero improvement in the software, I want in on these alphas
You can join the team if you want to test the new features, but you are responsible for backing up your data. The new version does some things different and BTP 1.0 will not open BTP 1.1 recipes. Since 1.1 is still in alpha stage, there are no guarantees it will work flawlessly. If that all sounds fine with you, say the word and I will include you.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

include me please
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

lucas wrote:include me please
You can download the alpha from My BeerTools. I recommend backing up any of your valuable data including your /Users/<your home directory>/Library/Preferences/BeerTools Pro folder. To be safe you might backup your /Users/<your home directory>/Library/Application Support/BeerTools Pro folder too. The built-in "create archive of
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Testing BeerTools Pro

Post by jeff »

If others reading this topic are interested in testing BeerTools Pro, we are accepting entrants into our beta test group. To opt-in to the beta program, you may visit the BeerTools Pro Beta Program Opt-In page.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

Thanks Jeff! :D
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

thanks!
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

Why not see if you can get a couple of extra developers on board who are willing to do it for the love of it, in order to get things moving faster?

Even if they're also only part-time or spare-time developers, 4, 5, or 6 people working part time on something is much better than 1 or 2 (well, I guess that could be debated, as with 6 people developing simultaneously, there is a much greater potential number of bugs/conflicts which could be introduced!!! Perhaps unless a CVS system is used or something).
dmynke

Post by dmynke »

Jeff;

Hmmm. I enrolled in the 1.1 Beta program a while back. How do I download the Beta to put it through its paces?

John H.
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Version 1.1 is still in Alpha. I'm sure when it goes beta you'll hear about it and then you'll be able to download it. 8)
iMac 20", 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2Duo, 4 GB Memory, OS 10.5.6, resolution 1680 x 1050.
Check out Baird Brewing
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

dmynke wrote:Jeff;

Hmmm. I enrolled in the 1.1 Beta program a while back. How do I download the Beta to put it through its paces?

John H.
I have been out of town for the week. When I return, I will continue development on version 1.1 and try to get the beta rolling soon. The punch list is getting smaller but there are still a few critical pieces left.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Manic Igniter

Great Program!

Post by Manic Igniter »

Jeff, I just wanted to let you know that straight out of the box it was very easy to use and understand! I have been creating and building beers with this program for several months now and every one has been STELLAR! I give your program's ease of use much of the credit. I have friends that have had my beers and are planning to buy the program because of the apparent effectiveness of the software.
Also I am anxious for the next upgrade but, in the meantime...could I download the beta program and install it on a second computer so that I will not need to back up my main computer's copy of beer tools? I am using beer tools on a regular basis and would like to keep access to my recipes.

One of Beer Tools many Fans!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
I like to think of it as making bottles...