Samuel Adams Boston Lager clone

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

toadswarts

Samuel Adams Boston Lager clone

Post by toadswarts »

Looking for a Samuel Adams Boston Lager clone recipes,for 10 gallons,does anyone have one? :?:
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Here are four...

Post by lathe »

Here are four boston lager clone recipes.

Let us know how it turns out.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
Debauchery Brewing Co.

Re: Sam Adams Clone

Post by Debauchery Brewing Co. »

Have a recipe for 5 gal. Write me.
The Debauchery Brewing Co. est. 1994
Westbrook, Maine & Porland, Oregon
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

Samual Adams clone

Post by bfabre »

Try the Clone Brews book by Tess and Mark Szamatulski. It has over 150 commercial beers in it for you to try including Samual Adams p.33. It also breaks them down to your skill level ie:Extract, Mini-Mash and All Grain for each recipe. Have fun
"B"
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Not Trying To Bust Your Bubble

Post by brewmeisterintng »

B,
Have you ever brewed any of the recipes from Clone Beers? I have made several and although some turned out great, they were no where clones. There are a lot of brewers out there that agree with me on this one. So, if your looking for a true clone... look elsewhere.
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

bubble not bursted

Post by bfabre »

Accually it is a relief. I did try one recipe, it came out OK. I thought I did something wrong.
Do you have a better place to look?
"B"
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Recipes

No, but I have had some good success with the recipes from Brew You Own magazine. I've made some of the recipes from this web site and it's hit and miss. My wife got me a book of award winning brews but lately I have been making my old standby recipes as well as some all grain kits from Northern Brewer. Let me say it again... the dry irish stout recipe is awsome.
Right now my brother and I are building a recipe for the 4th of July. We are going to brew a 10 gallon batch blonde ale. Two five gallon carboys with two differnt yeasts. It will be the only thing on tap. I am using BeerTools Pro to build it. Cheers...
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

4th of July

Post by bfabre »

James,
I have to agree dry irish stouts are yummy. Dinner in a bottle!!
I did make some seasonal beer for christmas. Turned out great (flavor) the ABV-still have vision problems. Seriously, after a while it got over carbinated. How do I correct this? I only used 1 cup corn sugar for priming-5 gal batch. And let it sit in our mechanical room at 70 degrees for four months. i'm thinking refrigerate after 2-3 weeks of conditioning, or would that subtract from the smoothness aquired from the four months of aging?

Oh, what time does the party start. Ya got me Hun...gry
"B"
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Over carbinating

You may be using too much priming sugar. Back in my bottling days I ended up utilizing 1/2 to 3/4 cup as my beer always seem to be too carbonated. I know that there are calculators out there to assist you in priming but now I am kegging so it doesn't matter any more. I wish I had the patients to wait for my beer to age a little but after two weeks in the secondary it goes on tap where it is force carbonated for a week and then its tasting time. My stout has been on line for two weeks and tastes awesome. It will be missed when it