Massaging

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

slothrob

Massaging

Post by slothrob »

I seem to have a private message, but am being told that messaging has been blocked for this site.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Messaging

Post by jeff »

slothrob wrote:I seem to have a private message, but am being told that messaging has been blocked for this site.
What is the date on the message?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Not to hijack the thread, but why is messaging blocked? I recall getting PM's on this board, though it was around the beginning of the year. Apparently that's changed.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

The web is a very unfriendly place....

Post by lathe »

ColoradoBrewer wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but why is messaging blocked? I recall getting PM's on this board, though it was around the beginning of the year. Apparently that's changed.
Along with the huge increase in popularity comes the increase in attacks from people with malicious intent. We had to shut private messaging down and seriously curtail some functions of the forum so as to protect ourselves and our users.

The amount of spam that squeaks through is a tiny fraction of the daily onslaught. Our goal is to spend our time keeping BT an enjoyable place to learn about brewing. Somedays, though, are spent fighting back waves of garbage.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Understood

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Thanks for the reply, lathe. Obviously not an answer I like, but the situation, unfortunate as it may be, is what it is and I understand the need to protect yourselves and us.
slothrob

Re: Messaging

Post by slothrob »

jeff wrote:What is the date on the message?
I don't think I can find that out. If I click on the "you have 1 new message", I get the notice that messaging is disabled, but no info about the message. It's got to be recent though, I'm sure it wasn't there aweek ago or so.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP