Thanks Guys

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

yooper
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks Guys

Post by yooper »

After posting a few threads asking for your help Things are looking better. I have finally had 2 consistent batches. Finally people drinking my wares don't look like their trying to choke down a mouthful of broken glass. Some acutally say "this is good". I still have a couple of people who don't respond well but I just consider them uncultured swine :-)
Thanks again eh for eveyones help. I'm still learning but I'm on the right track.

Da Yooper
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Careful!

Post by andytv »

Best be careful..... As you get better at brewing, people will start saying "this is great", and next thing you know, all of your beer is gone. As for the "uncultured swine"; I keep a few cases of cheap cans (i.e. American, Old Mil, etc) in stock to keep them away from the good stuff.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Old Mill?

Post by Freon12 »

What if your friends at beertools see you buying old mill or worse?
yooper
Light Lager
Light Lager

Free Beer

Post by yooper »

In this neck of the woods old mill is considered top notch stuff. Ranks right up there with Blatz. The only problem with my brewing I may have is the uncultured swine drink that stuff and still consider my work bad. Maybe my quality was good to begin with and it has gotten worse instead of better. No that's not it. They are uncultured swine. :-)
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Good Old Mill

Post by andytv »

If given the choice between Budweiser's piledriver headache and Old Mill's well.....gastro-intestinal side effects; I'd chose Old Mill. As far as American Macro Crappy Lagers are concerned, I'd say Old mill represents well. Besides, it's the official regional drink of rural western PA and comes in pound cans for $11 a case. But to answer your question; I have my wife pick it up from the beer store (I have a rep to protect)

prosit!

Andy
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I forgot.

Post by Freon12 »

What neck of what woods? I live in Indiana, Hello? Uncultured, yep, ya'll come back now. (for you Aussie types, I know where you live Fraoch, only greener with shipping.)