Carbonation - Beerferm Belgian Blonde Abbey Triple

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

Michael Kazeuma
Light Lager
Light Lager

Carbonation - Beerferm Belgian Blonde Abbey Triple

Post by Michael Kazeuma »

Have a BlondeAbbey fermenting and was wondering about carbonation and bottling. It has been on the trub for about a week and I usually let ales sit for a couple weeks after the primary fermentation settles. The OG (1.075) should be around FG (1.010) when completed. With a beer of this gravity, would you recommend bottling earlier or does it not make any difference to bottle after a couple of weeks. I have not had the best or luck with carbonation and thought I would ask for any advice that may be available.

Data
All extract kit from Beerferm (BlondeAbbey Triple)
Yeast Euro Ale 125 pack pitched at 24C and held for entire fermention
approximately 18 liters
Primary fermention about 5 days
OG - 1075
FG - 1010 (target)

Thanks,

Michael
Tokyo, Japan
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Brewing in Japan?

Post by billvelek »

Michael, I don't have an answer to your question, but noticing that your signature indicated Tokyo, Japan, I couldn't help asking about the brewing culture there, since I can't recall ever seeing any other posts or forums re brewing in Japan. Are there many brewers? Are they mostly Japanese or foreigners visiting Japan? Is it hard to find supplies? Just curious. Thanks.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
Michael Kazeuma
Light Lager
Light Lager

Brewing in Japan

Post by Michael Kazeuma »

Hi Bill,

I hear that there is a good size homebrew community in Japan and there are stores that make it easy to get supplies. I really don't have much information on the community, but a good number of people Japanese and foreigners do turn up for the beer festivals. In Japan homebrewers are not aloud to create anything over 1% alcohol and this I presume keeps the community a bit more underground. There is a very nice selection of beers here from all over the world with some of the Belgian pubs carrying around a hundred on a regular basis. They put a fridge in the middle of the bar and you just pick out whatever you like. A Chimay (330 ml) is about 500 yen at the local market and about 1200 yen in a bar. So in ain't cheap to drink in this neck of the woods! One incentive for brewing your own!

Michael