Trial Version?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jimdkc

Trial Version?

Post by jimdkc »

Recent exchange on a brewing forum (abbreviated):

Topic: Brewing Software

Jim: BeerTools Pro is pretty cool!

Joe: Do they have a trial version?

Jim: Uhmmm... no...

('Nuff said!)

Jim
Mac Book Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.33 Ghz, OSX 10.4.9, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, 1440 x 900 Display
shlap

Post by shlap »

Yeah, I can't figure out why BT doesn't have a demo. It doesn't matter how much I rave about BTP to fellow e-brewers, they won't buy it if there's no demo.

BT, you're missing out on a lot of business becuase you don't have a demo.
aaron_aus

Post by aaron_aus »

A trial version would be really nice to see. I want to buy your software but I want a chance to check it out properly first.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Suggestion re a trial version

Post by billvelek »

aaron_aus wrote:A trial version would be really nice to see. I want to buy your software but I want a chance to check it out properly first.
Jeff, we have heard this request repeatedly ... and it is reasonable. I want to see BTP become a big success, so I have a question/suggestion. I'm not a programmer, but wouldn't it be possible to create a trial version that lasts for only 30 days or something like that; I know I've seen other programs do that. It seems like you could tie it in with a registration key to activate the TRIAL version, too, so that you could keep someone from continually uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version. And maybe you could use a database to track the IP for downloads to make sure people won't keep getting 'throw-away' email addresses and repeatedly download the trial. Just seems like there has to be some reasonable solution besides not having a trial. But perhaps you are already working on this re the pending new release.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Suggestion re a trial version

Post by jeff »

billvelek wrote:Just seems like there has to be some reasonable solution besides not having a trial. But perhaps you are already working on this re the pending new release.
The lack of a trial version is not an oversight, but intentional. A trial version will be introduced with version 1.1 and will likely timeout after 15 days.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Montana

Post by Montana »

The question is when will 1.1 come out?
aaron_aus

Re: Suggestion re a trial version

Post by aaron_aus »

jeff wrote: A trial version will be introduced with version 1.1 and will likely timeout after 15 days.
Good news. I am looking forward to getting my hands on it. I look forward to the Linux version too. Having the same piece of software on my Macs and Linux without using any emulation will be great.

Thank you for listening.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by Push Eject »

Beer Tools Pro will soon own the known homebrew universe.

Lathe, have you thought of going on the Brewing Network? They cannot seem to get Jeff Donovan on there... just a thought.

Push Eject
500mhz G3 iBook 384mg 10.3.9
2x1ghz G4 1g 10.4.10
2x2ghz G5 2g 10.4.10