Mash Water Ratio

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
spud
Light Lager
Light Lager

Mash Water Ratio

Post by spud »

Hi Guys
Havent seen where the Actual Mash water volumne pops up also is there a drop down to alter ratio for different Mashs.
Spud
Ozzie Brewer
In the land of the Padded Bra
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Just below the beer glass is a drop down list. Scroll down to Schedule and open it. This is where you set up your mash schedule. You can double click on a particular step to change it, or just use the edit button. Also, with the mash schedule displayed there is column called Water Added. This shows the amount of water need for a particular step. Does that help?

BTW, if you're a batch sparger there's been a lot of discussion on here about how to set one up. A search on "batch sparge" should get you started.
spud
Light Lager
Light Lager

Mash Water Ratio

Post by spud »

ColoradoBrewer- Thanks, that will help. Must admit havent had time to drift around and look at everything yet.
But thanks for the heads up. So there is a recommended amounts .

Actually am a fly sparger only because i'm still in the aprentice stage and will do as best I can to get the best I can so as "Fly"is supposed to be the better , thats the way I'll be untill I either get sick of the process or convinced that Batch is better. The time for fly still causes me a problem but cooling down the wort is the next process to get knocked the hell out of as far as time goes..
Thanks again & cheers spud.
Ozzie Brewer
In the land of the Padded Bra