Feature Requests

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Schedule Steps in the Database...?

Post by jeff »

Push Eject wrote:I found myself reaching to the left database pane when it was time to put a mash schedule together. Am I crazy? What do you guys think of that idea?

Just like dragging in a grain how about dragging in a step or even a whole schedule?
Right on target. Lathe posted this earlier: http://www.beertools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15628
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Multiple "My Ingredients"

Post by Push Eject »

How about having more than one "My Ingredients"?

This may sound odd, but hear me out -- my LBHS does not have nearly the selection the BTP database has. I find myself comparing their website to the BTP ingredients to find the same or closest match when I'm building a recipe.

Those, of course, can't be put into "My" ingredients to be saved for next time.

So it would be cool to be able to build up other ingredient databases too.

Now to the next level for simply-crazy-future-stuff: what if my LBHS pushed their current stock info to BT.com and it updated in my BTP! Perhaps they paid a small monthly to BTP to be a "live" inventoried store in BTP. Or maybe I, the user, paid to have that info. I'm just daydreaming here, but if I could have "My Ingredients", "The Home Beer Wine and Cheese Shoppe in Woodland Hills, CA Ingredients" and "More Beer Ingredients" and they were all semi-accurate... WOW!

Cheers,
Charlie
500mhz G3 iBook 384mg 10.3.9
2x1ghz G4 1g 10.4.10
2x2ghz G5 2g 10.4.10
slothrob

duplicate ingredients

Post by slothrob »

Add "Duplicate" to ctrl-click menu in Ingredients field. Or perhaps a ctrl-drag function to repeat an entree in the list.

It's a lot quicker way to add all the hop additions than dragging the hops down from the list each time.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: duplicate ingredients

Post by TCBrewguy »

slothrob wrote:Add "Duplicate" to ctrl-click menu in Ingredients field. Or perhaps a ctrl-drag function to repeat an entree in the list.

It's a lot quicker way to add all the hop additions than dragging the hops down from the list each time.
I agree. I liked that feature in v.1.0.28.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

slothrob wrote:Add "Duplicate" to ctrl-click menu in Ingredients field. Or perhaps a ctrl-drag function to repeat an entree in the list.

Well, I don't know that it is a _LOT_ quicker since you still need to do a couple of mouse clicks, but it does save moving the mouse. I'd agree that it would be a nice addition as an alternative means, but would also suggest that a ctl-click to select multiple items to be dragged is just an important; I know it's not the same thing as dragging the same hops two or three times, but if drag-and-drop is a "drag" (pun INTENDED), it amounts to the same thing. More importantly, I'd like to see the ctl-click function for multiple selections implemented for more than just adding to a recipe; it ought to be functional for the "delete", too.

Now I'd like to garner some support (an 'amen' from someone ... anyone??) for my previous suggestion -- which I'll repeat because I think it's important and I don't want it to get buried -- that our inventory list (complete compilation of 'My Ingredients') be printable. Whenever I go to my LHBS (about 35-40 miles one way), I'd like to take an inventory list without regard to any particular recipes because I like to keep supplies on hand to brew pretty much anything, even on the spur of the moment. There is no way to do that right now with BTP. I'd be happy if the 'print inventory' command were included as even just a right-click command when the 'My Inventory' folder in the library is clicked. This seems like an easily solved, reasonable and useful request, but no one responded so I don't know whether Jeff/Lathe will try to implement it.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Bill -- a printable inventory sheet would be fantastic! :mrgreen:
iMac 20", 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2Duo, 4 GB Memory, OS 10.5.6, resolution 1680 x 1050.
Check out Baird Brewing
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

billvelek wrote:

Well, I don't know that it is a _LOT_ quicker since you still need to do a couple of mouse clicks, but it does save moving the mouse.
True. Hyperbole on my part. Refining the hop additions is definitely an area where I spend a lot of time, though, so it's more a perception of saving a "lot" of time, by streamlining a point of aggravation.

If I have Cascades already in my recipe, and decided I wanted another Cascade addition, I'd need to click on Hops (Inventory)> click on search field> type in "CA" in order to see Cascades>drag to recipe in order to get to the same point as ctrl-click on cascades in recipe>select Duplicate. It's the bouncing back and forth between the keyboard and mouse that seems time consuming, but I'm sure it's only a couple seconds.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

slothrob wrote:snip ... Refining the hop additions is definitely an area where I spend a lot of time, though, so it's more a perception of saving a "lot" of time, by streamlining a point of aggravation.

If I have Cascades already in my recipe, and decided I wanted another Cascade addition, I'd need to click on Hops (Inventory)> click on search field> type in "CA" in order to see Cascades>drag to recipe in order to get to the same point as ctrl-click on cascades in recipe>select Duplicate. It's the bouncing back and forth between the keyboard and mouse that seems time consuming, but I'm sure it's only a couple seconds.
I've see what you mean now. You're speaking about starting fresh without the ingredient already displayed in the top panel, so you need to use 'search'; that makes a lot more sense, and I agree that a duplicate function would be useful there.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

double click to add

Post by warthog »

i was just playing around with modifying an existing recipe. i would like to be able to double click on an ingredient in the db and have it added to the recipe. right click can still have that function (and the add to my ingredients), but i naturally first tried to add by double click.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Adding recipes to recipe directory

Post by Bob57702 »

I know scan will add all selected recipes but how do you add the recipe that you have loaded? I would like to be able to save the recipe and add it to a subdirectory in my Recipe directory in the left "gutter" without having to use the scan function. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

More on scan function

Post by Bob57702 »

A couple handy touches to this tool would be a "Select/Unselect All" toggle. Maybe in the column header above the check boxes since it's not used for anything anyhow. As it is I have to individually unselect over a hundred recipes, half are duplicates for testing, to scan in new recipes. Very time consuming.

Another nice item would to be able to browse the drive/directory trees and select the directory to scan. Maybe as a bonus a toggle with this to turn on or off subdirectory scanning.

Thanks,
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

sticky menu tree

Post by warthog »

how about making it so that the menu tree stays the way you left it last time? i like to have the tree expanded (not all the way, not enough room). it would be nice, if i didn't have to open them each time i open btp

edit:
sticky spacing on the sort tabs at the top of the selection window would be nice too
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: sticky menu tree

Post by billvelek »

warthog wrote:how about making it so that the menu tree stays the way you left it last time? i like to have the tree expanded (not all the way, not enough room). it would be nice, if i didn't have to open them each time i open btp
That's a good suggestion.
sticky spacing on the sort tabs at the top of the selection window would be nice too
I didn't know what you meant at first, but I see now that if change the column sizes in the top panel for, let's say, my ingredients, and then switch to inventory and then back to my ingredients again, the column sizes have reverted to the original, requiring me to change them again. Although I haven't been concerned with column widths to this point, if I were and made any changes, I would definitely find it very annoying to have to constantly change them.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
slothrob

Contents window scroll

Post by slothrob »

Can the Contents window scroll bar position marker (you know, the blue marker that tells you how far allong the list you've scrolled) be made smaller when the list is completely collapsed?

The problem I have is that I've collapsed this window down to 3 listings so that more of my recipe ingredients are showing. This makes it impossible to page up or down by clicking in the white space of the scroll bar because the entire bar is taken up by the blue button. Paging down is a function I use much more than scrolling 1 item at a time, which is all the arrows allow me to do.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Add "keg" to "Stage" options?

Post by TCBrewguy »

Any chance that "Finish (Keg)" could be added to the "Stage" options? I see that "Finish (Bottle)" is an option, but many people (myself included) dry hop in the keg so this would be a useful option. Perhaps all that would be necessary is changing "Finish (Bottle)" to "Finish (Bottle or Keg)".
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12