can't change malt absorption preference

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
beerphoto
Light Lager
Light Lager

can't change malt absorption preference

Post by beerphoto »

Whether I have a recipe open or not, I can put in any number - hit ok, but the next time I check, it's still set at the default of .2 gal/lb. No matter what I do, it doesn't change.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Works okay for me

Post by billvelek »

I have no problem changing the malt absorption value with my system. I presume that you are speaking about the menu command -- 'Edit | Preferences | Constants | Malt Water Absorption'. I just changed it, exited the program, restarted the program, and the change was there; I then changed it back to what I originally had, exited, restarted, and it worked again. I'm running Version 1.0.28 on WindowsXP. What version and platform are you using?

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
beerphoto
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Works okay for me

Post by beerphoto »

Well.... I'm on an Intel Macbook Pro... but this morning it seems to be working fine. Either I was hallucinating or shutting down the computer cleared something out. Dunno.