New 'Grow-Hops' Yahoo Group

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

New 'Grow-Hops' Yahoo Group

Post by billvelek »

I just did a 'search' of The Hop Vine Discussion Forum using these parameters -- "hops AND (grow OR garden OR rhizome OR trellis OR oast)" -- and the search produced no hits. So then I had to manually scroll down the long lists of topics to find some threads. This is NOT a complaint, but rather it illustrates how tedious it is to find discussions about growing hops; therefore, I've just created a Yahoo group that is dedicated exclusively to the subject at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/grow-hops

I hope this is not perceived as an effort to raid this forum and trying to steal members; I can't imagine anyone who is interested in a forum EXCLUSIVELY about growing hops is going to leave here or any other homebrewing forum. I'm posting this here to my existing hop-growing thread and in the 'announcements' forum only. Although I don't consider this to be spam, if that's how it is perceived, then I apologize.

Anyway, if you grow hops or are interested in possibly doing so, please visit. Thanks.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Update on status of 'Grow-Hops' group

Post by billvelek »

For anyone 'sitting on the fence' about trying to grow their own hops ... or about joining my group if you already do grow ... in less than two weeks we have already recruited over 170 members, most of whom are already growers and many with significant experience. I have created a database for members to sign up for a free rhizome exchange (the root cutting that starts the hop plant), and we have superb links and photos, too. If interested, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

We now include growing herbs and grains

Post by billvelek »

Just as an update for anyone who might be interested, our Grow-Hops group was expanded some time ago to include growing herbs and grains for brewing; if you have any interest in both gardening and brewing, you should trying growing hops (I've been very successful my first year). Next year I'm going to plant some herbs, too. Our group is quickly becoming "THE" place to discuss those subjects, and we now have 315 members -- many with considerable experience. Our group is moderated, of course, and very friendly. If interested, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops/.

Cheers.

Bill Velek