Spiese

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

brewhaha
Light Lager
Light Lager

Spiese

Post by brewhaha »

When using the unfermented wort(gyle) to prime with, is there any reason to be concerned with o2 levels ? Someone told me that me that you will not get the proper carbonation becasue of o2 levels being low and the yeast not being able to consume the sugar, could someone please shed some light on this for me, I have not yet had an issue with this, but I want to be more clear on this matter.
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Flat German beer????

Post by Fraoch »

around 5% primary fermenting wort to 95% fermented beer, bottled and stored to mature will leave your beer with a naturally carbonated sparkle, a pure beer, the best there is, been done for centuries and it still works,always will.
brewhaha
Light Lager
Light Lager

consistency with "Gyle"

Post by brewhaha »

when using the gyle method to prime beer, is there any problems with consistency ? meaning that if I do it batch to batch, will there be in un-consistency in my F.G., carbonation, flavor, etc... ? thanks for any help
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Same brew

Post by Fraoch »

I'm kind of guessing here as i dont "gyle" i dont have a tight enough brew schedule.When breweries "krausen" or "gyle" it is with the same beer but on the next fermentation schedule. In other words beer "a" is ready for priming on Monday and beer"b" is at its most active in fermentation. Ie "b" has reached the stage where it has stopped reproducing yeast and is flat out consuming sugars and therefore producing CO2 by products. If the 95 - 5 % mix is done at the same time each time and with the same beer over and over then why sould there be any fluctuation in gravity etc. I guess consistency is the key to any inconistencies. If that makes sense. The problem is that you need to be making the same beer all the time.