GRRRRRR!!!!!!!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

GRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Post by rackaam »

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!

EACH TIME I UPDATE MY BTP SOFT I HAVE A PROB. WITH MY LICENSE KEY.
AND I CAN'T GET NEW ONE.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

How do other software vendors handle this issue?

Post by billvelek »

Aside from BTP purchased last October, I can't recall buying any software on-line for several years; in those instances, which were few, I just downloaded the program which I then saved to CD and can therefore easily reinstall the program if I change computers or hard drives. I don't know if the promo material for BTP explains that they do it differently -- perhaps I just missed it -- but I was both surprised and a bit disappointed (concerned? annoyed?) when I discovered the methods that are employed; I don't give software away or use it on more than one computer at a time, but unfortuantely other people do and piracy is a real problem, so I've just accepted this as the new way things will probably be. But just out of curiosity, how do the other brewing software companies handle this issue? I guess I wouldn't have near the concerns if it were setup so that a purchaser could have five downloads that could be triggered by the owner's password rather than some license key issued by BTP; this seems to be a frequent problem occurrence for users.

Glad to see a post here; besides the occasional spam, this forum seems to have just about died. Very little traffic anymore, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me re the future of BTP.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768