BeerTools not taking measured OG

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Adeptus
Light Lager
Light Lager

BeerTools not taking measured OG

Post by Adeptus »

Hi,

I've just brewed a recipe and as usual was trying to put the OG measurement into the Analysis tab. But every time I try to override the calculated OG with the measured OG it just reverts back to the calculated OG. This only seems to happen with recipes created from scratch in version 1.0.27. Recipes created in earlier versions seem to be able to take a new OG reading no problem.

Oh, BTP on XP by the way.

Is it just me, or is this a bug that has been recorded? :)
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

I can't seem to duplicate the problem

Post by billvelek »

Hi. I have XP, too, and I just created a new recipe just to check to see if I would get the same problem, and all works okay for me. I even tried checking and unchecking the various 'lock' check-boxes, and that didn't make a difference either. It even worked to the point that I was able to exceed 100% efficiency, which I consider to be a bug in itself.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
Adeptus
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Adeptus »

Hmmm... Weird. I even created a new recipe and re-enterd the one I was working with from scratch, and got the same thing. And just now I started a new recipe, just added Amber Extract, 2kg, and went to the Analysis tab to see if OG would change, and no go.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Maybe it's my template file that makes it work for me.

Post by billvelek »

It might have something to do with the fact that I setup my template using an older version, and now whenever I start a new recipe it begins with the template. That's probably the answer.

Jeff and Lathe will figure it out.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
slothrob

change OG

Post by slothrob »

The only way I can duplicate this problem in v 1.0.27 is if I have no grain weight or Final Volume entered.

Also, If your recipe contains ONLY extract, you can't change this because efficiency can't change for extract. If your OG is different than predicted with an extract only recipe, then your volume needs to be changed until you get the correct OG. This is really the only way your OG can change with extract.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Adeptus
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Adeptus »

That's it! This recipe was the first one I did with no speciality grains (a simple Wit), so that makes sense. Easy when you know how eh? :)

Thanks slothrob
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

My pleasure!
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP