Am I missing something?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Block15

Am I missing something?

Post by Block15 »

I just purchased Beertools pro and am trying to figure a couple thins out...

1) is there a water needed feature, and water annalysis

2) where is the mash designer?

3) can you not add ingredients?

I do admit in the past Ive used pro mash, and I bought this because its said to have all the features and more....maybe not!

thanks
nick
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Hi, Nick. Welcome aboard! I too migrated from ProMash and can tell you that BTP has all the features you mention. You just have to change your thought processes and vocabulary a little. The water needed feature does not exist as it does in ProMash, instead it's incorporated into Sessions, which is accessible from the drop down menu under the beer glass. The Sessions window equates to the Mash Designer in ProMash. For the water chemistry function you click on sessions in the top line menu, or hit Cntrl +H. I believe (but am not sure) there are a couple of ways to add ingredients depending on what you are trying to do. If you only want to add something to a recipe one time, but don't want to keep it permanently, open the ingredients window from within the recipe and click on the add button above the list. The ingredient will be saved, but only with that recipe. To add something permanently and have it available globally, click on the database button in the top line menu and choose the appropriate category.
slothrob

"mash designer"

Post by slothrob »

If I understand what you mean by "mash designer", I think you'll find what you're looking for selecting 'Schedule" next to the word 'Display'. You'll need to have entered the ingredients for your recipe in order to design a mash schedule, as it works based on the weight of grain used. You'll also get better results if you take the time to enter and calibrate your mash tun in the "equipment' display.

If by "Water Needed" you mean quantity and volume to hit mash temps, etc., you'll get this info from your mash schedule, or you can determine these values from the "Mash Calculator" under "Windows" in the menubar.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Block15

Im still lost

Post by Block15 »

Well i think that im completely lost here. I cant find anydrop down buttons, or sessions etc. When I run the program i enter my key and it takes me to the home page. i can run the calculaor, annalysis, and generator but how to i move on from there? i purchased the "gold" so i should be able to do everything.
help!!!!!
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Im still lost

Post by wottaguy »

Hi Block15,

Sounds like you may have some confusion going on between the WebSite recipe creator and the Stand alone application, which you should have downloaded and then installed on to your computer. You did download the application, then installed it? If you log into your account on the website then go to My Beertools, you will be in your personalized account area. You should see 4 Tabs on the top. Click the tab on the far right that says Downloads....then download the application onto your computer. After its downloaded, find the file and run it and install it. Then try to launch it...put your reg key in it...and if allgoes well, you should be looking at the interface and the main window of BeerTools Pro. Do go to the help menu and open the help file as it will give you some basic information of how to get around in the program.
Let us know how you make out.

Hope this helps!
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
Block15

Halejuia!!

Post by Block15 »

Yep, i was entering the wrong screen name and it was sending me to the purchase page. Now ive been able to actually use the software....brewing a Kostritzer style Schwarzbier tomorrow. It looks like beertools is pretty !@#$ cool!

Thanks for the help!
Nick