have new beer frige, but what to do...

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

have new beer frige, but what to do...

Post by bredmakr »

Last night my wife and I purchased a new refrigerator to replace our old 14.5 cu ft refrigerator. Movin' on up! This finally means I have a full size (if you can call 14.5 cu ft full size) beer frige. I already have a dorm size frige that I converted into a keg-a-rator so the question is what type of beer madness should I go with for the new addition to my brewery and does this mean that my little keg-a-rator is now obsolete. Instead of putting hours into pondering the possibilities I thought I would put it to The Hop Vine. What do you think I should do? Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Controlled Fermentation....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

My favorite use for 'fridges in home brewing...

Why don't ya go to the next level of flavor control and use the refrigerator as a way to control fermentation temps ? Doing so is one of the best ways to nail flavor profiles and greatly increase consistency from batch to batch. Just add a thermistor and temperature controller that has a range from 70 deg. F. down to 35 deg. F. Tap the fridge to install the thermister, connect to the controller and give it a try !

Eric
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Now That You Mention It

Post by dartedplus »

Since you will have one too many fridges now, you could just pass one of them on to me. I am sooooo in need of an extra fridge to keep my beer in and you have too many now. Just a thought!
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Frig? someone say Frig?

Post by Freon12 »

I have a couple of stainless steel low boy commercial frigs.(acually a bunch) You can have one if you like. Shipping to NY might be a bunch though. If you ever travel to Indiana, ring me up here and I'll fix you up with the perfect Corni frig.
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

I know I shouldn't ask ... but why not

Post by bredmakr »

I'm in South Bend! I have a couple of friends that may be interested in your lwo boys. Are you really giving them away? I'd make the trip down there if you just have them lying around not being used.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

intended for beertools type

Post by Freon12 »

I intended to help out a beertools regular in dire need.(Karma limited to members here, sorry)If your freinds want a good low boy, come to an auction May 9th in Indy. I'll be putting at least two in for absolute auction. They go for about 100.00-250.00 depending on what shape it's in. I will give away one that has no door if they would like that one. Usually fast food resturants buy new ones instead of repairing the old ones, a word with the district manager of KFC could yield one worth fixing in South Bend.