BTP portability

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
spud
Light Lager
Light Lager

BTP portability

Post by spud »

Hi Guys
Newbie question on the software program portabilty.
I do a lot of my Brewing recipe PC work on work PC.
My questions
When I purchase BTP does it download the full version to the PC I'm using at that time or does it down load a file that allows me to link to BTP.
Understand that I can access from other PC, but can U please explain just what happens.
Thanks in advance
Spud
Singapore
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

If you join BeerTools Gold website, you can access from any computer. If you buy BeerTools Pro software, it is downloaded and installed on your computer -- it's an actual application. So to answer your question, it all depends on which BeerTools you're talking about. 8)
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

If you buy buy BTP you can install it on the two computers, as long as they have the same OS (i.e., can't be a Mac machine and a Windows machinine, unless you have the Mac set up to run Windows programs, but it can be 2 Macs.)

Then you can either store your recipes on an internet accessible drive (e.g., a .mac account or a yahoo Briefcase account or a personal website) or carry them on a flash drive, then work on them from either computer.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
spud
Light Lager
Light Lager

BTP portability

Post by spud »

Thanks for the info Guys
Was looking at the Gold Up Grade actually.
One last question then I will stop pestering U.
I'm on Contract basis here on the island so can be shifted out as & when the lord & master decides, if I'm using 2 PC already would it matter that one of them shifts location, would the BTP brotherhood allow another PC then.
thanks & regards
Spud