JEFF: Question re V. 1.0.26 Update

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

JEFF: Question re V. 1.0.26 Update

Post by billvelek »

One of the notations that you have listed in your announcement for the newest version, and for what was done in v.26 is:

"[Fix] [All] Restored the "type" designation for lager and mixed
styles in the database."

I'm not sure what that means and if it was to address an error that I had reported a couple of weeks ago -- that ALL of the beer styles are listed as "ales" in the "style database", including the lagers, etc. If that is what you are speaking about, I just checked v.26 and the style database still has all beers, regardless of category and subcategory, listed as "ales". Were you speaking about something else that was fixed? Or is it just my system? I'm sure I never went in and independently changed everything to "ale", but maybe I did something else that has had this affect.

I do see the font size correction, and I can't remember what the water salts were, so I presume that they are now correct.

Thanks.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

I see the same thing Bill sees, all ales under "Type"... well, i see it for the lager beers that i have checked, which is not all of them.

this is under v26.

cheers!
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

bzwrxbz wrote:I see the same thing Bill sees, all ales under "Type"... well, i see it for the lager beers that i have checked, which is not all of them.

this is under v26.

cheers!
Does the about window show 1.0.26 as the version? The download file was not up to date initially.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Looks like mine is the same. Style database, click on Edit, and everything comes up as ale. Is that what you guys are talking about? v26 for sure.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

jeff wrote:
bzwrxbz wrote:I see the same thing Bill sees, all ales under "Type"... well, i see it for the lager beers that i have checked, which is not all of them.

this is under v26.

cheers!
Does the about window show 1.0.26 as the version? The download file was not up to date initially.
Yes it does.
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Yes ... v.26 ... and all types are "Ale"

Post by billvelek »

jeff wrote:Does the about window show 1.0.26 as the version? The download file was not up to date initially.
Ooops ... forgot to change my profile to show my new version. Yes, the 'About' Window shows my version as 1.0.26.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768