How to enter this water analysis?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
beersands

How to enter this water analysis?

Post by beersands »

Is this enough info to enter a complete/usable analysis and how do I enter it so that the program doesn't keep 'messing' with my entries? I want to use the "AIRPORT" analysis contained in this pdf:

http://www.epwu.org/water/pdf/chemanalysis.pdf
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Adding water

Post by wottaguy »

Hello!

You can certainly add your water information by clicking on the menu on top that says Database then choose Water. The water profile panel should be present. On the bottom left click on the button that says New then add your information.

Hope this helps!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
slothrob

Water Data

Post by slothrob »

You're pretty well set with that report, that's better than a lot I've seen.

The data is in mg/L, which is the same as ppm, and that's how you want to enter it, so you're all set there.

The only calculation you need to make is to get HCO3- from Total Alkalinity as CaCO3. Just divide Total Alkalinity by 61 and multiply times 50.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Welcome, beersands

Post by billvelek »

I noticed that that was your first post, beersands, so I just want to welcome you to a great group of brewers here on the BeerTool forums. I notice that your water analysis is from El Paso; I've been there just a couple of times -- at Fort Bliss -- the last trip the summer before last, when we were barred from going to Juarez. The time before was a couple of years earlier when there was no ban and I can remember the fried jalapenos and fifty cent Coronas. :D I know ... I know ... that's blasphemy on a homebrewing forum, but when you're with some Army buddies, you quite being a beer snob. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768