What about my licence key???????

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

What about my licence key???????

Post by rackaam »

After trying to install the new version of BTP I receive a message "licence key has expired" what's the problem????? :x
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

Go to your download page and see if there's a message that you need to download a new key. If you do, click on it and a new key will be sent to you. If you don't, your current valid key should be shown there.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: What about my licence key???????

Post by jeff »

rackaam wrote:After trying to install the new version of BTP I receive a message "licence key has expired" what's the problem????? :x
When BTP informed you that your key expired, what did you do next? BTP provided a button to use to request a new one; did you do this?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by rackaam »

jeff wrote:
rackaam wrote:After trying to install the new version of BTP I receive a message "licence key has expired" what's the problem????? :x
When BTP informed you that your key expired, what did you do next? BTP provided a button to use to request a new one; did you do this?
I just downloaded the new version and try to install!
But it's OK now , just change the date system before install .....and...miracle...it's working with good date :lol:
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

rackaam wrote:I just downloaded the new version and try to install!
But it's OK now , just change the date system before install .....and...miracle...it's working with good date :lol:
Beginning with version 1.0.25, BTP includes a button for going online to obtain a new license key if the current key has expired. The button takes you to a page where a new key can be requested and emailed to you within seconds. This is the best way to overcome expired license keys.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
gilby

license key

Post by gilby »

I am having the same problem with an expired license key after getting a new computer and trying to transfer BTP. My download page does not have a key or button to request one that I can see. What should I do?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: license key

Post by jeff »

gilby wrote:I am having the same problem with an expired license key after getting a new computer and trying to transfer BTP. My download page does not have a key or button to request one that I can see. What should I do?
Please make sure you have the latest version of BTP installed. When you do, BTP will provide a button for requesting a key online. Click the button and you will be taken to a page where you can request a new key. Older versions of BTP do not include this feature.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by rackaam »

gilby wrote:I am having the same problem with an expired license key after getting a new computer and trying to transfer BTP. My download page does not have a key or button to request one that I can see. What should I do?
Same thing for me....NO DOWNLOAD KEY AVAIBLE
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by rackaam »

jeff wrote:
Please make sure you have the latest version of BTP installed. When you do, BTP will provide a button for requesting a key online. Click the button and you will be taken to a page where you can request a new key. Older versions of BTP do not include this feature.
For me it's NOT WORKING AT ALL, man! a klik on the button and....NOTHING HAPPEND
rackaam
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by rackaam »

Thanks a lot :)
JimInNJ

Post by JimInNJ »

Something needs fixed.

I had a hard drive meltdown, got a new computer, downloaded latest version. When I start BTP it asks for License Key and will not start without it. So I can't get into the program to click the magic button to go to the magic page to request the key.

If I go to My BeerTools Downloads there is no key and no button to request one either.

Not happy. :?

- Jim
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

JimInNJ wrote:Something needs fixed.

I had a hard drive meltdown, got a new computer, downloaded latest version. When I start BTP it asks for License Key and will not start without it. So I can't get into the program to click the magic button to go to the magic page to request the key.
That is definitely one thing that I don't like about BTP. I'd like to know with confidence -- after a few years down the road when people may have died or moved on to other things and there might not even be a BeerTools.com anymore (really, ... who knows?) -- to know that I'd still be able to load my copy onto a new hard drive if necessary. The only consolation is that we're not talking 'big bucks' here, but it has taken CONSIDERABLE investment of my time, plus all my saved recipes, which would all be lost.
If I go to My BeerTools Downloads there is no key and no button to request one either.

Not happy. :?

- Jim
It would seem to me that the download page would be a logical place to add a button to request a new license key, but maybe there is some valid reason why it can't or shouldn't be placed there.

Cheers.
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

billvelek wrote:
JimInNJ wrote:Something needs fixed.

That is definitely one thing that I don't like about BTP. I'd like to know with confidence -- after a few years down the road when people may have died or moved on to other things and there might not even be a BeerTools.com anymore (really, ... who knows?) -- to know that I'd still be able to load my copy onto a new hard drive if necessary. The only consolation is that we're not talking 'big bucks' here, but it has taken CONSIDERABLE investment of my time, plus all my saved recipes, which would all be lost.

Totally agree with ya there, Bill.

It'd be nice to have some assurance that in 2015, if BTP is no longer being developed - that hardcore fans could still use it in the continuing era of forever upgrading to newer, faster PCs. As it stands, I reckon that you probably couldn't do it, as the keys issued in 2007 would have long since expired.

cya,
Kieran
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Perhaps, should the developers decide to retire, they can release a final, non-expiring version. Perhaps adding an option to save recipes as BeerXML might help, knowing that you could import your recipes into another program.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've bought plenty of software programs that simply don't run anymore on updated operating systems or newer computers. It's actually happened to most of the software that I've bought over the years, so it wouldn't be particular to BTP.

Admittedly, if it fails to function due to an expired key that can't be replaced because BeerTools has ceased to exist, the mode of failure would be different, but perhaps there would be a way around that.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP