ITS A BOY!!!!

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

ITS A BOY!!!!

Post by dartedplus »

My wife finally had the baby. Zachary Alexander, in about 21 years, will be a new addition to our little brewing club. Hopefully I'll be able to make a master brewer out of him! On another note, I entered my first competition, but unfortunately didnt do well because I entered my black forest stout into the wrong category. I put it in as a sweet stout instead of a fruit beer so it scored poorly. But !@#$ if it isnt a tastee beer. Oh well, next time I will enter a beer that is definitely within its style.
My wheat/barley wine has finished fermenting, now I just have to bottle it and wait for about 2 years before I try it. Everyone have a great day.
Ed
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

21 years is too long to wait

Post by Push Eject »

Ed, Congrats!!!

I was born in Northern Germany and partially raised in Southern Germany -- there's no waiting until 21 there. Just a thought. Plane tickets are cheap now too. Why not take the little tyke over for his 6 month birthday and teach him early the joys of a good keg or two?

Sorry to hear about your mis-styled beer. If it makes you feel any better I did that last year too... with EIGHT entries.

Yeah, I'm a moron.

Finally, as for waiting two years to try your barleywine -- don't! What if it peaks at 9 months? Try it now and then, man!

Cheers!
Ollie
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Wie gehts

Post by andytv »

Congrats !!! I'm expecting my first in June. Funny... I was born in Germany too (southern Germany) and remember enjoying beer as early as age 6. I still have several contacts in Bavaria who send me beers on occasion, like Czechvar (the beer formerly known as Budvar).

Ed....Please lemme know how brewing & babysitting jive... I'll be in charge of the rugrat on Saturdays, which mean she'll be exposed to homebrewing from day one!

Prosit!!

Andy
mickeymac
Light Lager
Light Lager

Congratulations

Post by mickeymac »

My five-year-old daughter and 18-month-old son are fascinated by the brewing equipment. Plus the boy absolutely loves a drink of beer. However, young kids in the house definitely make homebrewing a challenge. I wind up doing all of my work after they're in bed for the night. It makes for some late nights/early mornings. Have fun with your son and keep your hands off that barley wine for a while.
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Way to go, Idaho!

Post by BillyBock »

Congrats, Ed! In case you didn't know, the subject line came from Toy Story--I'm sure you'll get to watch that soon enough (over and over and over) :-) I've got 4 kids myself (and the gray hairs to go with it). Are you planning on having any more?
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thank you

Post by dartedplus »

Thank you. Sorry to hear about the beers, that kinda stinks. I scored a 17 on mine( out of 50)
I'm sure the little Z man will be trying some before the ripe old age of 21 or maybe 2.1.
I will wait at least a year I think on the b wine, I tried one that another guy made that was 5 years old. Talk about FINE!!! Thanks again.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Cigar

Post by Freon12 »

Where did I put those blue cigars?
Cheers
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

Good luck

Post by Fraoch »

Good luck to you and your wife Ed, we have a 9 month boy called Jimmy who is alot of fun!You may find that youll have to upsize your system as time is very precious now, I get a day a month when my wife takes him out to give me space and time to brew 10 gals. I run around like a maniac mashing etc, by time they come back i'm ready to pitch the yeast. Best of luck to your family.