F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

Post by lathe »

We are putting a F.A.Q. page together. It will cover the basic registration and license questions. We would like to also cover basic "Getting Started" questions new users have. What did/do you want to know?

Lathe
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
JimInNJ

Post by JimInNJ »

1) How to upgrade. The link on the e-mail dumps you at a page that looks like you have to buy the software all over again. I eventually figured out that you just have to download it again.

2) How recipes relate to sessions relate to files relate to names. What am I saving when I hit save or save as? I still have no clue.

- Jim
Sven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Sven »

So just how DO you upgrade? I'm still running 1.0 and have yet to upgrade because I can't quite figure out how to do so without having to repurchase the software.
Until now I thought I was computer savvy, but this one has me stumped. Help please.
Sven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Sven »

I figured it out, completely by accident I must say though.

A simple upgrade link would be nice
kansascity

Trial version

Post by kansascity »

I love the site and want to actually buy the software. I figured I should at least try the free trial first, though. So I d/l, get my registration by email. Run the program. It first asks for name, email, and registration number. I input all that and I can't hit the "register" key. The only buttons available are "exit" or "purchase." Exit just quits the program and purchase sends me to the store to buy the program. Why can't I just run this trial version? What am I missing?

Edit: Never mind. Make sure you enter your name just like you did when you registered for this site!!!
-Work hard, play hard