No worky

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
yul

No worky

Post by yul »

I'm trying to download the latest version of Beertools. I'm clicking the link and running it but keep getting an error message "the set up file is corrupted". Anyone else having this problem and/or know what to do about it??
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: No worky

Post by Bob57702 »

Mine downloaded without any problems. Although I save the file versus running it when I download. You might give that a try. If you're using a PC just turn off the close when done check box and you can run it as soon as it finishes the download.

Hope this helps,
Bob O.
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
yul

Post by yul »

Thanks for your suggestion. Have tried saving then running but still no worky, same message.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: No worky

Post by jeff »

yul wrote:I'm trying to download the latest version of Beertools. I'm clicking the link and running it but keep getting an error message "the set up file is corrupted". Anyone else having this problem and/or know what to do about it??
An explanation of what may be happening in your case is found on this site: http://www.austhink.com/TechFAQ/#corruptdownload The page offers the following solution:
www.austhink.com wrote:An error telling you that files you downloaded are corrupted usually indicates the connection to the server was lost while you were downloading. This will cause your file to be downloaded only partially, even though the browser might think the file is downloaded completely (because it stopped receiving data). When you try to download the file again the browser will recognize the filename and retrieves the file from its cache instead of downloading it. Because of that the error keeps coming back, even if you try to download the file from a different server.

To solve this problem you need to clear the cache of your browser and then retry downloading the file. Clearing the cache of your browser will force the browser to download the file from the Internet again instead of taking the corrupt version from the cache on the harddisk.
To clear the cache of the browser Internet Explorer you need to click on the menu Tools (on top of the screen) and select the Internet-options... option. Then you need to click on Delete files... (in the middle of the window) and then twice on OK.
To clear the cache of the browser Mozilla Firefox you need to click on the menu Tools (on top of the screen) and select the Options... option. Then you need to click on Privacy and then on the Clear button beside Cache. Then you can click on OK to close the window.

Although it's not required by all browsers, restarting your browser after clearing the cache is a good idea.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff