Bringing in template?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
derfburg21
Light Lager
Light Lager

Bringing in template?

Post by derfburg21 »

When I open a recipe from beer tools, it does not load with my template in it. When I try to import my template, it erases all the recipe info. How do I integrate the two? So if I load somone eleses recipe it will use my settings?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Bringing in template?

Post by jeff »

derfburg21 wrote:When I open a recipe from beer tools, it does not load with my template in it. When I try to import my template, it erases all the recipe info. How do I integrate the two? So if I load somone eleses recipe it will use my settings?
This article may help: The BeerTools Observer: Using Templates in BeerTools Pro

Here is an excerpt:
Template files are basically the same as session files except the user can choose which portions of the file to save. A template is saved by choosing: File Menu > Save as Template. The user is presented with a configuration panel. The check boxes represent each group of data that will be saved in the template file. When a category of data is checked in the configuration panel it will replace that same data in the file that the template is loaded into. For example, if ingredients are included in the template, these will replace the ingredients in the file the template is loaded into. Un-checking a category of data in the template panel will result in that group of data having no effect in the session that the template is loaded into. To load a template into an existing session choose: File Menu > Load Template.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff