Trial Version? Or satisfaction guarantee?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Steve973
Light Lager
Light Lager

Trial Version? Or satisfaction guarantee?

Post by Steve973 »

BeerTools Pro looks like it'll be fantastic from the screenshots and from the description, but I'd like to try it before I pay 25 or 30 dollars. Do you have a trial version? Or, at least, do you have a satisfaction guarantee? I'm hesitant to buy the software without trying it first, but if I like it, I have no problem with supporting your efforts.

Thanks,
Steve
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Trial Version? Or satisfaction guarantee?

Post by jeff »

Steve973 wrote:BeerTools Pro looks like it'll be fantastic from the screenshots and from the description, but I'd like to try it before I pay 25 or 30 dollars. Do you have a trial version? Or, at least, do you have a satisfaction guarantee? I'm hesitant to buy the software without trying it first, but if I like it, I have no problem with supporting your efforts.
BeerTools Pro supports trial evaluation but the site does not have it implemented into the licensing system. It is not currently known how or if trial versioning of the software will be supported. We are currently discussing this topic and hope to have something more certain to say about it in the near future. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Steve973
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Steve973 »

Any chance of PMing me with a link for download and a trial key? I really only need about 20-30 minutes with the software before I know if I'll want to buy it. So, a 1 or 2 day eval license would be plenty.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Closest thing to a Demo we have for right now...

Post by lathe »

One of our BeerTools Pro users put together a few overview videossee them here. (Thanks Frosty)
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
Steve973
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Steve973 »

So is that a "no" on the download link and they 1-2 day trial key? :)
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

I'll keep you posted

Post by lathe »

We wont rule it out. BTP is set up to do so, it would require some work in the store and the download managment system in the MyBeerTools tab. I'll keep you posted.

Lathe
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
mlritchie

Post by mlritchie »

With the last post about this topic being Wed Oct 25, 2006, is there any new information about evaluating your software? I am definitely interested in trying it before committing $25. Thanks!
therook

Post by therook »

??????????????

Has a trial version been developed yet, i'm interested in trying this software also. How can you compete with the other brewing software that is out there is you cant compare them.

rook
Aristoi

Post by Aristoi »

I am glad i am not the only one waiting for a try before buy.
boss brew

Post by boss brew »

Since ProMash is in line for an upgrade in the near future, you would think the Beer Tools authors would like to convert PM users. Will PM users convert without a trial? Just a thought.

Dave
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Somewhere around here, I think Jeff said that they expect to have a trial version when version 1.1 is released. I think he also speculated that that might be sometime around June '07. ...but I can't find the post at the moment, so don't hold him to it. Hopefully I didn't dream it.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP